AMCap is based on the sample AMCap source code from the Microsoft DirectX
Features of AMCap 9.21
- still capture (Ctrl+L)
- quick video capture (Ctrl+C)
- support for compression (Windows Media 9 Series only)
- remember Video Input, Compression, Standard and Size settings from a previous session
- remember window position
- full screen mode (ALT+Enter)
- support for multi-monitor and deinterlacing [using VMR9] (DirectX 9.0+)
- caption bar and menu on/off (F11)
- always on top (F12)
- quick TV channel switching (if a tuner is present) and OSD
Changes in AMCap 9.21
- improves Windows 7 compatibility.
- adds an option to render the audio stream to the overlay feature.
- transparent overlay movies can now play in a loop.
- adds Color Space to Still Capture Pin properties.
- adds new menu organization.
- improves multi-monitor support.
- maintenance build.
It is a program much like Microsoft VidCap but which adds support for DirectShow (formerly ActiveMovie, hence the name).