Codec Toolbox RS 0.7 alpha
Codec Toolbox RS can read/change merit of all 32/64-bit codecs (including DMO ones) and it can list the codecs installed on the system. It can detect broken codecs and filters.
When read/change merit or delete a codec it searches the name or CLSID of the codec with the exact match (not partial match) and it is case insensitive.
Changes in Codec Toolbox RS 0.7 alpha
- The log is now coloured
- Added listing of Media Foundation codecs (not tested yet)
- Added listing of VFW / ACM codecs
- Added listing of the categories of DMO / Media Foundation codecs
- Added the possibility to read informations and open the configuration of VFW/ACM codecs (currently is mostly not working, if you want to see it try with vidc.i263)
- Added the ability to fix the problems found (currently only for Win XP 32/64-bit)
- Minor changes / fixes
Note: This program is still untested under Win Vista/7
Can also be used from command line (there are the real command line and another command line inside the GUI).