DC-Bass Source Mod
is a fork, a continuation of DCoder's Bass Source Filter which adds support for many audio formats: MP2, MP3, OGG, OPUS
, AAC, MP4A, MPC, ALAC, ALS, APE... are just a few of them.
DC-Bass Source Filter
is a DirectShow filter wrapped around the powerful and highly efficient BASS audio library.
CoRoNe (its developer) started this fork because development around DC-Bass Source Filter has been quiet since 13-09-2010. DC-Bass Source Mod is thus a modified and updated version of DC-Bass Source. It has some new features and minor fixes.
It currently supports the following audio formats:
* [Sample audio]:
- MPEG-1 Layer 2 & 3 (.mp2, .mp3)
- Other MPEG audio (.mpa, .m1a, .m2a)
- Vorbis (.ogg, .oga)
- Opus (.opus)
- Advanced Audio Coding (.aac, .m4a, .m4b)
- MusePack (.mpc)
- Waveform Audio File Format (.wav)
- Audio Interchange File Format (.aif, .aifc, .aiff)
- Compact Disc Audio track (.cda)
- Apple Lossless Audio Codec (.alac, .m4a)
- Monkey's Audio (.ape, .mac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (.flac)
- OptimFROG (.ofr)
- Tom's verlustfreier Audiokompressor (.tak)
- True Audio (.tta)
- WavPack (.wv)
* [Tracker audio]:
- Impulse Tracker Module (.it)
- Tracker Module with MP3 or OGG samples (.mo3)
- Tracker Module (.mod)
- Multi Tracker Module (.mtm)
- Scream Tracker 3 Module (.s3m)
- Unreal Tournament music package (.umx)
- Fast Tracker 2 Extended Module (.xm)
* [SHOUTcast/Icecast streams (online radiostations)]:
* SHOUTcast/Icecast Streams can be saved from within the PropertyPage or by using the IDCBassSource Interface. SHOUTcast/Icecast Tags can be read using the IAMMediaContant or IDCBassSource Interface.
Changes in DC-Bass Source Mod 1.5.2
- fixed: BASS (add-ons) updated to version 184.108.40.206
- fixed: now only original filename BASS add-ons accepted
- fixed: extension list updated and extended
- added: support for Waveform Audio File Format (.wav)
- added: support for Audio Interchange File Format (.aif, .aifc, .aiff)
- fixed: double registry folder
- added: uninstall now also removes registry settings
DC-Bass Source Mod 1.5.2
on 07 July 2013, reviewed by: Maurice
It simply does not work on my system.
I am using XP Home Edition SP3 with LAV Filters and MPC-HC. It is hardly surprising that I was not be able to play Shoutcast streams with MPC-HC but when I attempted to open a URL with DC BASS Source Mod loaded in Graph Studio it still did not work.
It should in theory connect directly to the input of an audio renderer, but I tried it with four audio renderers on my system and Graph Studio could not find suitable intermediate filters to connect them.
After much Googling the only post in a forum about this decoder that I could find was made by the developer, so I assume no one else can get it working. I wonder what magic the K-Lite pack uses to get it working?
Use the original DC BASS Source instead.