DVD Genie only supports region free DVD drive. If your DVD drive is region protected (RPC-2), you should try DVDFab
to watch all region DVDs. Please note: all DVD drives as of 1 Jan 2000 is RPC-2 which means you can only switch the DVD drive's region for 5 times.
Changes from DVD Genie 4.05 to DVD Genie 4.10
- I've run some simple tests and from what I can see, the Windows-XP region system is identical to the system used in Windows 2000.
- Fix for the CoolDVD region code to work with CoolDVD v2.40
- New buttons to Register/Unregister the PowerDVD DirectShow filters.
- Slight change to the mechanics of the WinDVD reset region function.
- Two Additional Audio Range values for WinDVD, try them out.
- New button on the PowerDVD tab to get the version of the PowerDVD DirectShow filters.
- Compatibility fixes to make WinDVD 4.xx settings work.
It also allows you to tweak these programs with undocumented features to better fit your system.