Features of DVDx 4.1
- decrypt and copy Blu-ray, HD-DVD and DVD discs to your hard drive
- transcode movies (directly from disc) to popular formats
- (Apple QuickTime, AVI, DivX, MPEG-2, MPEG4/AVC etc.)
- extract and transcode audio tracks from Blu-ray, HD-DVD and DVD discs and MKV (or any other) video files
- correct video with wrong aspect ratio
- remove video letterbox black borders
- provide powerful tools to average users
- all-in-one software to rip disc, transcode and edit audio/video files
- burn subtitles into video (from discs or from downloaded subtitles)
- add subtitles tracks to movies
- correct corrupted media files
- free audio/video converter
- cheap all-in-one software
- offer with many tutorials to make user experience more fun
- provide open tools to advanced users
* Rip and transcode DVD or Blu-ray disc
- rip and transcode Blu-ray, HD-DVD or DVD disc to your preferred format (MP4, MPEG4/AVC (H.264), AVI (DivX/Xvid), Apple QuickTime, iPod, MKV, etc.)
Changes in DVDx 4.1.1
* New features:
- Add Blu-ray/DVD/HD-DVD 1:1 ISO copy and decryption
- Converter button now opens converter with current file
* Transcoding profiles:
- Add QuickTime (MOV format) support to H.264/AVC and H.265/HEVC profiles
- Add new video profile: h265.ini : H.265/HEVC (HDTV)
- See full list of changes here
installer is bundled with "Ask Toolbar". However, you may continue the installation process without installing it.
on 26 August 2011, reviewed by: Ben
Norton 360 found threat in the download file and removed it.
on 09 January 2009, reviewed by: Jeff
Sweet program. I wish Id found this before trying 5 other programs.
Fully recommended for anyone wishing to extract DVD to their devices!
on 18 November 2007, reviewed by: Raul
DVDx is a workhorse that does what it's supposed to and more. Haven't tried any of the paid programs but this one really suits my needs. You can scale down the output so if you're converting DVD's to video files to fit into an IPOD or ZEN, you can opt to have the screen width 640 x 480 to fit more movie files into your player. Support these guys, they do quality work!