Once encoded into DivX video, you can store entire video libraries on your hard drive without gobbling up precious storage space.
Now you can post your video online, burn it to a CD or email it to your friends. And, with a DivX Certified DVD player, you can watch your DivX movies right on your living room TV.
Features of Dr. DivX 2.0.1
- Able to convert most input files Dr. DivX can convert most input files including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, VOB, AVI, FLV, MOV, MP4, AVISynth scripts to DivX.
- Uses available DivX encoder If you install a new version of the DivX encoder, Dr. DivX automatically uses it for encoding.
- Tweak encode settings If required, encode settings can be manually configured for optimal output.
- Generates DivX files which are playable on DivX certified players Since Dr. DivX respects DivX certification constraints, all files generated by the application are guaranteed to playback on DivX certified hardware players.
- Watch folders Monitor user specified folders to automatically convert newly added files using configured output profile.
- Supports multiple audio tracksConvert multiple audio tracks using different encoder settings for each track. MP3, MP3 Surround and AC-3 are supported output audio formats.
- Supports multiple subtitle tracks in VOB input Convert DVD subtitle tracks to DivX XSUB subtitle tracks.
- Automatically configures encode settings for requested quality level User needs to choose only the required quality level, the application does the rest.
- Include MP3 surround encoderDr. DivX can encode your multi-channels 5.1 audio and video sources to MP3 surround, MP3 surround is backward compatible with “Normal” MP3 while preserving the full 5.1 channel separation. You will need to use the DivX player 6.4 to take advantage of 5.1 audio decoding.
- Automatically configures encode settings for requested output file size User needs to choose only the required output file size, the application does the rest.
- Create and load custom profiles Manage encoding settings using custom profiles.
- Preview video crop and resize settings Real-time updations of video based on user specified crop and resize values.
- Batch control Re-order, Re-configure and Remove encodes from the batch.
- Audio track preview Playback input audio tracks to confirm correct selection for encode.
- Track information tagging Tag audio and subtitle tracks with descriptive information.
- Pause and resume encodes Resume from paused encode stage.
- Post encode plugins Add and configure plugins which will run after an encode has successfully finished.
- CLI version of application for scripting Use the CLI version of application for automated batch encodes.
The Dr.DivX 2.0 OSS contains
• Dr.DivX GUI and command-line application
• DivX proprietary dynamic link libraries:
- You must uninstall the previous build (RC3 or earlier) of Dr. DivX. Do a "Dr.DivX Reset" after installing. If you have old job files, you need to lose them. The new build will crash if you try to use the old job files with it.
Changes in Dr. DivX 2.0.1 beta 7
• The Doctor fell in love with Ana Morphic and is now completly out of shape
- Fixed AviSynth bug
- Fixed cropping and resizing related GUI bugs
- Introduced anamorphic encoding
- Updated russian translation
Changes in Dr. DivX 2.0.0 final
• New features
- Add a plugin to delete source file after encoding
- Add a plugin to shutdown the system after encoding
- Add a plugin to publish encoded file to Stage6
- Inject version info into .dll and .exe
• Bugs fixed
- Fix a crash when the DivX uninstall key is not present.
- Make sure the analysis in the batch also see the global modulo parameters.
- More meaningful error messages when an input file cannot be used.
- Make the Add button on by default so that it's faster to add a plugin.
- Allow selecting more than one job at a time to reorder and remove jobs.
- Handle multiple file drag and drop for .vob files. For all others, choose only first file.
- Delete only files that the Dr. created during install.
- Handle localised output directory names.
- Check for compatible DivX codec after install and during program startup.
- Get the video preview as soon as the fast analysis is done.
- Fix version update checks on international locale systems.
Changes in Dr. DivX 1.0.6
- Dr. DivX can be purchased at a discount from trial mode if a registered version of DivX Pro is installed
- Dr. DivX 1.0.6 now supports Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Dr. DivX 1.0.6 now includes DivX Pro 5.2.1
- Dr. DivX 1.0.6 now includes DivX Player 2.5.5
- An issue where Dr. DivX would ignore custom crop settings
- An issue where the update application detected the registered version of Dr. DivX as a trial version
- An issue where the audio decoder sometimes interfered with other installed software
- An issue where pressing "Enter" on the registration screen closed the window instead of submitting information
- An issue where "Keep AC3" and "Boost Audio" could be selected together
- An issue where a registered version of Dr. DivX 1.0.5 would show up as a trial in Auto Update
Dr. DivX was designed to let anyone from the widest eyed newbie to the most grizzled expert create high-quality DivX video from any source in just 3 easy steps. Just choose your video, select your settings and click encode.