The package contains
- MP3 Surround Commandline Encoder: converts 5.1 channel '.wav'-files to MP3 Surround files.
- MP3 Surround Graphical Encoder: has the same features and restrictions as the MP3 Surround Commandline Encoder.Additionally the MP3 Surround Graphical Encoder supports Multi-File-Encoding (which means that you can drop a selection of multichannel files for encoding at once).
- MP3 Surround Commandline Decoder: converts MP3 Surround files to 5.1 channel '.wav'-Files.
- MP3 Surround Realtime Player: plays MP3 Surround files and standard MP3 stereo files on your multichannel soundcard.
- MP3 Surround Decoder Dynamic Link Library (dll)
- MP3 Surround Development Kit (SDK)
- MP3 Surround Winamp Plugin (experimental)
Changes in Fraunhofer IIS MP3 Surround Player 3.0.2
- bugfix release
• Fraunhofer IIS MP3 Surround Player 3.0.1
• added mp3D stereo modes:
- The demoware player now supports three different presets when playing back tracks in mp3D stereo mode.
• Fraunhofer IIS MP3 Surround Player 3.0.0
• added mp3D technology:
- The demoware player now supports the new mp3D technology. It is used for playback via headphones in all situations as it replaces Ensonido in a superior way for decoding surround bitstreams and at the same time enhancing playback of stereo bitstreams.
- Enhanced Unicode filename support.
- Support for Windows Vista.
- The use of the software is only allowed for personal and non-commercial purposes. For other use cases please contact THOMSON, the official MP3 licensing partner.
- The Fraunhofer IIS mp3 Surround software is free of any watermarking technology, related digital rights management or spyware system.
This evaluation software is for personal and non-commercial use and intended to demonstrate the MP3 Surround technology available at Fraunhofer IIS. MP3 Surround provides a multi-channel listening experience with a minimum of extra bitrate and maximum compatibility.