is a free MPEG-2 encoder, which uses avcodec library to encode. This encoder takes AVISynth
input(.avs) and outputs MPEG2 like QuEnc
, but the main difference is that every parameter is tweakable, plus it comes with the optimized parameters of MencodeMe, which are known to produce great quality.
Features of FreeEnc 0.5
- MPEG2 encoding using the libavcodec
- Highly optimized mencoder parameters. This encoder should produce same or better quality than mencodeme
- Highly tweakable: every libavcodec options are available
- Command-line syntax is the same as QuEnc: can be used with any QuEnc compatible application, including DIKO.
- Uses Aviynth input
Changes from FreeEnc 0.44 to FreeEnc 0.5
- Regular avcodec rate control back.
- Source code released under GPL.