Features of Gom Player 2.2
- GOM Player supports most of the condecs (AVI, DAT, MPEG, DivX, XviD, WMV, ASF more) by its own embedded codec system that you won't have to look for appropriate codecs everytime when you can't play a certain video format.
- With GOM, you'll experience something you've never seen in the past with other media players.
- GOM supports all kinds of features for highly advanced users who desire to watch video clips at the best quality.
- GOM is also able to play incomplete or damaged AVI file by skipping the damaged frames. And it can also playback Locked Media Files while downloading or sharing (with real-time index rebuilding under certain condition: AVI downloading in consecutive order).
- GOM also supports HTTP Streaming ASF/OGG/MP3/AAC/MPEG PS/MPEG TS: Only work with internal splitters).
- GOM also support its own skins, Subtitle, Overlay Mixer features, Optimized buffer for streaming Automatic ASF source filter, Keys Remapping, Superspeed/High Mode, Enhanced Filter Rendering and full-Unicode.
- Gom Player
installer is bundled with "Ask Toolbar". However, you may continue the installation process without installing it.
Changes in GOM Player 188.8.131.5283
- GOM Media Player now officially supports Windows 8.1.
- Fixed an issue where MP3 files containing album art information would not play while using Enhanced Video Renderer.
- Modified file access rights during playback.
- Improved playback support for files requiring the TSCC codec.
- Fixed an issue affecting the Enhanced Video Renderer video output setting.
- Fixed an issue where MP4 files made with Windows Movie Maker wouldn't play properly.
- Fixed an issue affecting ASX and video/audio streaming from the Internet.
- Fixed an issue affecting .AVI files created with Casio Digital Cameras.
- Improved playback while playing files with Intel Quick Sync Video enabled.
- Intel Quick Sync Video and the ASF source filter are now both disabled by default.
- Other misc. corrections and fixes.
- See full list of changes here
Gom Player 2.2.56
on 14 February 2014, reviewed by: Mike
Stuck with Windows 8, so I had to try GOM out.
GOM has no audio when playing DVDs. Tried downloading who knows what to get it right, tried playing around with the preferences. Still no audio.
I can only get audio if I click into each .Vob of the DVD, but the video is extremely pixelated and the audio is way off.
Better media players out there where I can simply play a DVD without frustration. GOM is probably the worst media player I've ever downloaded.
Gom Player 2.1.50
on 23 June 2013, reviewed by: vikrant
i was not able to get sound from the latest version of GOM, but then i right clicked on the fdd icon in the notification area and selected "dolby decoder". then the sound came.
to get the fdd*** icon in the notification area , select preferences, filter, Go to Advanced Settings tab.
then,on the "Filter Rendering Method" check the "Advanced" box. On "Filter Priority", click on the "Add Filter" and then chose fdd audio decoder.
Gom Player 184.108.40.20619
on 30 September 2012, reviewed by: lan2306
Pop-up after closing Gom have been removed and still having problem with playing realmedia (.rm .rmvb) video even after install Real Alternative.
But now I found a workaround to play .rm video as follows:
1. Open Gom Player.
2. Right click and choose "Preferences...".
3. Choose "Filter" from left pane.
4. Go to "Advanced Settings" tab.
5. On "Filter Rendering Method" check on Advanced.
6. On "Filter Priority", click "Add Filter".
7. Locate and choose "MPC-Real Video Decoder" before click OK.
8. Then set its "Condition" to Highest.
9. Finally close preferences and play .rm file.