IrfanView seeks to create unique, new and interesting features, unlike some other graphic viewers, whose whole "creativity" is based on feature cloning, stealing of ideas and whole dialogs from ACDSee and/or IrfanView! (for example: XnView has been stealing/cloning features and whole dialogs from IrfanView, for 10+ years).
IrfanView was the first Windows graphic viewer WORLDWIDE with Multiple (animated) GIF support.
One of the first graphic viewers WORLDWIDE with Multipage TIF support.
The first graphic viewer WORLDWIDE with Multiple ICO support.
Features of IrfanView 4.3
- Many supported file formats (click here
to see the list of formats)
- Multi language support
- Thumbnail/preview option
- Paint option - to draw lines, circles, arrows, straighten image etc.
- Toolbar skins option
- Slideshow (save slideshow as EXE/SCR or burn it to CD)
- Show EXIF/IPTC/Comment text in Slideshow/Fullscreen etc.
- Support for Adobe Photoshop Filters
- Fast directory view (moving through directory)
- Batch conversion (with image processing)
- Multipage TIF editing
- File search
- Email option
- Multimedia player
- Print option
- Support for embedded color profiles in JPG/TIF
- Change color depth
- Scan (batch scan) support
- IPTC editing
- Effects (Sharpen, Blur, Adobe 8BF, Filter Factory, Filters Unlimited, etc.)
- Screen Capturing
- Extract icons from EXE/DLL/ICLs
- Lossless JPG rotation
- Unicode support
- Many hotkeys
- Many command line options
- Many PlugIns
- Only one EXE-File, no DLLs, no Shareware messages like "I Agree" or "Evaluation expired"
- No registry changes without user action/permission!
- and much much more
Changes in IrfanView 4.36
- New Lossless JPG Dialog option: Rebuild EXIF-Thumbnail
- Update of EXIF-Thumbnail on JPG-Lossless-Crop
- Option to Edit EXIF date/time (Options menu or Thumbnails window for batch mode)
- Improved color accuracy in "Decrease color depth" function
- Added "Best quality" option in "Decrease color depth" dialog (Thanks to Kornel Lesinski!)
- See the list of changes here
on 07 June 2012, reviewed by: Jim
I wished that I could help Bill.
(I have Win 7 and just installed that version of IrfanView, without any problems, right into my Program Files (x86) folder.) I would guess, uninstall and check you install options, carefully?
My problems is with the Slideshow Mode and their Full Screen Options (Full Screen / Slideshow). None of them seem to be working or holding within Full Screen Mode? :(
on 03 April 2012, reviewed by: bill
the program installs ok, but it installs itself to the desktop in windows 7, 64 bit
It is designed to be simple for beginners and powerful for professionals.