is a viewer/editor for JPEG, BMP, WEBP
, PNG, GIF and TIFF images.
Basic image editing functionality is provided - allowing to correct typical problems as color cast, high/low contrast and under- or overexposure very quickly and interactively during review of the images.
JPEGView does not replace a full blown image editor - such an editor will just be needed less often.
Features of JPEGView 1.0
• Supported image formats
- JPEG (including EXIF)
- BMP (Windows Bitmap)
- JPEG XR (Windows XP: WIC must be installed)
- Camera RAW (embedded JPEGs, see here for details)
• Fullscreen viewing
- Image centric - nothing else visible by default
- Multiple monitor support
- Window mode also supported (Toggle with Ctrl-W)
• Small and fast
- Executable is only 840 KB
- C++/MMX/SSE code
- Support for multiple CPU cores to speedup processing
- Minimal dependencies on external libraries
• High quality resizing of images
- Downsampling filter preserves sharpness
- Bicubic interpolation for upsampling
• Interactive image processing and improvement
- Real time and full screen image processing
- Contrast, Brightness and Saturation adaptation
- Unsharp masking
- Cyan-Red, Magenta-Green, Yellow-Blue color balance
- Local brightness correction to lighten shadows and darken highlights
- Automatic color and contrast correction
- Rotation in 90 deg steps
- Free image rotation for horizon correction
- Perspective correction
- Crop image (also lossless for JPEGs)
- Landscape picture improvement mode
• Viewing and image processing parameters can be saved per image
- Image file remains untouched
- Database entries remain valid when image file is moved or renamed
• Slide shows and movie playing
- Plays slide shows given by text file
- Plays all images in folder as movie with configurable frame rate.
- All image processing remains functional while playing.
• Batch rename and copy
- Copies and renames files from digicam to target folders
- Creates target folders as needed
- Supports various placeholders for renaming files
Changes in JPEGView 220.127.116.11
* Bugs fixed:
- Prefetching image of correct size in windowed mode - prefetching was actually not working in this situation and thus performance was poor in 1.0.32 in windowed mode.
- Auto-zoom-mode 'Fill with crop': Handling portrait orientation images correctly in all cases
* Other changes:
- Expanding environment variables in user commands and open with commands
- New command available for mapping to a key: IDM_RENAME to rename current file.
- See full list of changes here
It is designed to view images from digital cameras full screen and with highest quality possible.