Basic image editing functionality is provided - allowing to correct typical problems as color cast, high/low contrast and under- or overexposure very quickly and interactively during review of the images.
JPEGView does not replace a full blown image editor - such an editor will just be needed less often.
Features of JPEGView 1.0
• Supported image formats
- JPEG (including EXIF)
- BMP (Windows Bitmap)
- JPEG XR (Windows XP: WIC must be installed)
- Camera RAW (embedded JPEGs, see here for details)
• Fullscreen viewing
- Image centric - nothing else visible by default
- Multiple monitor support
- Window mode also supported (Toggle with Ctrl-W)
• Small and fast
- Executable is only 640 KB
- C++/MMX/SSE code
- Support for multiple CPU cores to speedup processing
- Minimal dependencies on external libraries
• High quality resizing of images
- Downsampling filter preserves sharpness
- Bicubic interpolation for upsampling
• Interactive image processing and improvement
- Real time and full screen image processing
- Contrast, Brightness and Saturation adaptation
- Unsharp masking
- Cyan-Red, Magenta-Green, Yellow-Blue color balance
- Local brightness correction to lighten shadows and darken highlights
- Automatic color and contrast correction
- Rotation in 90 deg steps
- Free image rotation for horizon correction
- Perspective correction
- Crop image (also lossless for JPEGs)
- Landscape picture improvement mode
• Viewing and image processing parameters can be saved per image
- Image file remains untouched
- Database entries remain valid when image file is moved or renamed
• Slide shows and movie playing
- Plays slide shows given by text file
- Plays all images in folder as movie with configurable frame rate.
- All image processing remains functional while playing.
• Batch rename and copy
- Copies and renames files from digicam to target folders
- Creates target folders as needed
- Supports various placeholders for renaming files
Changes in JPEGView 1.0.29
- EXIF (F2) and file name info (Ctrl+F2) no longer flicker when active during slide show with transition effect
- No logical sorting of file names is done if HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoStrCmpLogical registry value is set to 1. This matches the behavior of the Windows explorer.
Note that the default registry value for this is 0, therefore almost all users will notice no change.
* New features:
- Support for animated GIFs.
- See full list of changes here
It is designed to view images from digital cameras full screen and with highest quality possible.