is a graphical front-end for the LAME MP3 Encoder
, Ogg Vorbis
and Nero AAC audio encoders.
included in the download, it's available from the Nero Webseite as free download.
Currently the following input formats are supported by LameXP
- AC-3 (ATSC A/52), using Valib decoder [built-in]
- Advanced Audio Coding (AAC), using FAAD decoder [built-in]
- Apple Lossless (ALAC)
- Apple/SGI AIFF
- Avisynth, audio only [requires Avisynth 2.5.x to be installed]
- Digital Theater System, using Valib decoder [built-in]
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC
- Microsoft ADPCM
- Monkey's Audio (APE)
- MPEG Audio-Layer I (MP1), using mpg123 decoder [built-in]
- MPEG Audio-Layer II (MP2), using mpg123 decoder [built-in]
- MPEG Audio-Layer III (MP3), using mpg123 decoder [built-in]
- Opus Audio Codec
- Sun/NeXT Au
- The True Audio (TTA)
- Uncompressed PCM / Waveform Audio File (WAV/RIFF)
Hybrid Lossless Audio
- Windows Media Audio (WMA), using wma2wav [built-in]
Key Features of LameXP 4.0
- Complete re-write of LameXP in C++ using the Qt Framework.
- Switching from dated Delphi IDE (version from 2002) to an up-to-date tool chain (VS2008 or GCC 4.5.x).
- Full Unicode support, which means that all problems with "Codepages" and "strange characters" will finally be gone!
- Support for multiple platforms (Windows, Linux, MacOS X) will be possible.
- Creating new LameXP translations will be much easier for contributors thanks to the Qt Linguist tool.
Note: This is an early technology preview that doesn't do much yet, but you can test the Unicode support already.
Features of LameXP 4.0
- Creates MP3 (MPEG 1.0 Audio-Layer III) files
- Provides a graphical user-interface for Windows XP
- Provides the highest possible MP3 quality/compression-rate
- Supports PCM Wave-Audio files, MP3 files and raw PCM files
- Supports bitrate-based and quality-based compression
- Supports variable bitrate MP3 files and avarge bitrate encoding
- Supports Mono, Stereo, Joint Stereo and Dual Mono
- Supports ID3 Tags (ID3v1 and ID3v2)
- Supports Resampling and Stereo/Mono Downmixing
- Supports varoius encoder quality/speed modes
Changes from LameXP 4.09 to LameXP 4.1
* Upgraded build environment to Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 with Update-2
* Updated Qt runtime libraries to v4.8.6 (2014-04-25), compiled with MSVC 12.0
* Updated Opus libraries v1.1.x and Opus-Tools v0.1.8 to latest Git Master (2014-04-13)
* Updated MediaInfo to v0.7.69 (2014-04-26), compiled with ICL 14.0 and MSVC 12.0
* Updated mpg123 decoder to v1.19.0 (2014-03-08), compiled with GCC 4.8.2
* Fixed a bug that could cause the cover artwork to be lost under certain circumstances
* Fixed "overwrite existing file" mode to NOT delete the input file
* Some more tweaks to the LAME algorithm quality selector
* Added command-line options to adjust the LameXP font size (see FAQ doc for details)
* Various bugfixes and code improvements