There are 2 versions of MPC-Home Cinema available for download:
- the official one, developed and compiled by Casimir666,
- the versions compiled by XhmikosR. These are unmodified (vanilla) MPC-HC builds from the Git master branch.
Some features of MPC-HC 1.7:
- Option to remove Tearing.
- Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
- Supports Subtitles.
- Playback and recording of television if a supported TV tuner is installed.
- Creation of minidump when MPC HC crashes.
- OSD (On Screen Display)
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- Support for Multi-Monitor configuration
- Pixel shader to convert BT601 - BT701
- YV12 Chroma Upsampling pixel shader
- Language Translations.
- All features from the Guliverkli MPC Project from Gabest.
MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs.
It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4.
MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Changes in Media Player Classic - Home Cinema 1.7.4:
+ Support for opening "icyx://" stream URLs
+ Ticket #2348/#3583, Automatically refresh the information bar and title bar so that the correct information is always shown for streaming (e.g. online radios)
+ Ticket #4043, Statistic: Show playback rate for audio files
* If MPC-HC is configured to override the splitter choice when doing the initial track selection, tracks selected at splitter level will be preferred in case more than one tracks match the criteria
* The "Jump to" menu has been split in several smaller submenus displayed in the "Navigate" menu depending on the media currently playing
* The internal LAV Splitter will now be used by default to demux AviSynth scripts instead of using the old VFW interface.
Note that AviSynth is still required even if LAV Splitter is used.
- See full changelog here.