There are 2 versions of MPC-Home Cinema available for download:
- the official one, developed and compiled by Casimir666,
- the versions compiled by XhmikosR. These are unmodified (vanilla) MPC-HC builds from the Git master branch.
Some features of MPC-HC 1.7:
- Option to remove Tearing.
- Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
- Supports Subtitles.
- Playback and recording of television if a supported TV tuner is installed.
- Creation of minidump when MPC HC crashes.
- OSD (On Screen Display)
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- Support for Multi-Monitor configuration
- Pixel shader to convert BT601 - BT701
- YV12 Chroma Upsampling pixel shader
- Language Translations.
- All features from the Guliverkli MPC Project from Gabest.
MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 playback. Media Player Classic is capable of VCD, SVCD and DVD playback, without the need to install any additional software or codecs.
It has built-in codecs for MPEG-2 video and codecs for LPCM, MP2, AC3 and DTS audio, and also contains an improved MPEG splitter that supports playback of VCDs and SVCDs using its VCD/SVCD/XCD Reader. A *.mp4 and MPEG-4 Timed Text support added. An AAC decoding filter makes MPC suitable for AAC playback in MP4.
MPC Home Cinema also has H.264 and VC-1 with DXVA support, DivX, Xvid, and Flash Video formats is available in MPC HC. MPC can also use the QuickTime and the RealPlayer architectures. Media Player Classic supports native playback of OGM and Matroska container formats.
Changes in Media Player Classic - Home Cinema 1.7.1:
+ Ticket #2655, Internal filters: Support WMV/ASF/DVR-MS splitting
+ Ticket #3548, Add British English translation
+ Ticket #3590, Internal filters: Support for HEVC and VP9
+ Ticket #3605, Support playlists using UTF8 encoding without BOM
+ Ticket #3643, Add Slovenian translation
* Ticket #3569/#3679/#3680, Disable internal WMV/ASF/DVR-MS splitting and WMV decoding by default since Microsoft filters are generally more stable
* Updated French, German, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil) and Simplified Chinese translations
* Updated LAV Filters to 0.59.1.26:
- Ticket #3576, LAV Video: Support H264 Annex B format in MP4 files
- See full changelog here.