Mp3tag supports online freedb database lookups for selected files, allowing you to automatically gather proper tag information for select files or CDs.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkey's Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Tom's Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
Main featues of Mp3tag
- Batch Tag Editing Write ID3v1.1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, MP4, WMA, APEv2 Tags and Vorbis Comments to multiple files at once.
- Support for Cover Art Download and add album covers to your files and make your library even more shiny.
- Import from Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz Save typing and import tags from online databases like Amazon, discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz, and more.
- Replace characters or words Replace strings in tags and filenames (with support for Regular Expressions).
- Create Playlists automatically Create and manage playlists automatically while editing.
- Rename files from tags Rename files based on the tag information and import tags from filenames.
- Export to HTML, RTF, CSV Generate nice reports and lists of your collection based on user-defined templates.
- Full Unicode Support User-interface and tagging are fully Unicode compliant.
- Besides these main features Mp3tag offers a variety of other functions and features ranging ranging from batch export of embedded album covers, over support for iTunes-specific tags like media type or TV Show settings, to combining multiple actions into groups that can be applied with a single mouse click.
Changes in Mp3tag 2.6b
- NEW: added authentication via OAuth 1.0a for Discogs tag sources.
- NEW: added scripting function $list(x,y,z) to official documented scripting functions.
- LNG: replaced Romanian language file by new translation from Andrei-Felix Areanu.
- FIX: runtime error when file name resulting from performing actions was one of the reserved device file names CON, PRN, AUX, NUL, COM1-9, or LPT1-9.
It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more.