The program is expandable with plugins. There are already plenty of plugins included with the installation that can help you retrieve movie information from different internet movie databases or other database formats.
Other important features of Personal Video Database include Loan management, full Unicode support and many more.
Changes in Personal Video Database 184.108.40.206 beta
- Feature: Filter by credits
- Feature: Field label click switches field in Mass Editor
- Feature: Scripts can now create UI elements, use Ini files, Lists and Streams
- Improved: Search performance
- Improved: Import/Export Plugins have now access to multiple additional functions in the main application
- Improved: Edit button for Advanced search
- Improved: "All" filter searches in custom fields
- Improved: Database file handling
- Changed: Files in Path field are clickable
- Changed: Added ukrainian translation
- Fixed: Changing name/title did not work
- Fixed: Different minor fixes
Changes in Personal Video Database 0.9.9
- Feature Skins: separate stars and buttons for each skin
- Feature Skins: height attribute for rows
- Feature Skins: height attribute for spacer
- Feature Skins: maxvalue, precision attributes for ratings
- Feature Skins: allow rating without stars
- Fixed Skins: automatic width calculation
- Fixed Skins: Collapsed/expanded states did not save after changing the skin
- Fixed Skins: Offsets in custom section
- Feature Export: Configurable duration format
- Fixed Export: resizing images
- Fixed Exporting photos
- Feature Script Engine: GetFieldValueXML, GetSeriesFieldValueXML
- Improved Round seconds to the full minute when showing duration in minutes
- Improved Default colors and underline options for all controls
- Changed Budget and Box Offcie fields can contain bigger values
- Fixed grouping by composers and writers
- Fixed Bigger toolbar icons support
- Fixed Clearing date fields
- Fixed Creating a database having international characters in path
- Improved: added hungarian translation
- Fixed: filtering by keyword containing backslah cause PVD to crash
- Fixed: new records were not automatically selected
- Fixed: screenshots section
Personal Video Database 0.9.9.19
on 20 April 2010, reviewed by: Kenneth Lenegie
I hope this program is worth my downloading as I have a 800 to 1000 dvd collection.
Personal Video Database 0.9.8
on 19 May 2008, reviewed by: rick4ca
The best movie database at any price!
A powerful and reliable relational database of movies and the people associated with them. Well designed and feature rich. Imported my existing collection with ease. Unattended, downloaded all the IMDb information I wanted. Interface is well thought-out with an easy-to-read presentation, using collapsible fields and good image management. Extensive filtering, grouping, and sorting capability. Excellent filmography, awards and TV series management. Highly configurable. Expandable with import and export plug-ins. Well supported via an active discussion board, where the developer is very responsive to users.
...And it's FREE!
Personal Video Database 0.9.8
on 13 May 2008, reviewed by: Phoenix76
In my opinion after trying many Movie collection organizer programs, I found Personal Video Database to be the best as far as i am concern.
It offers what i and most of us end users ever want or need from such of a program without bloat or acting as a spreadsheet or a database program. It is easy to use and elegant as far as a Windows platform program goes.
Much kudos to the author for creating a wonderful program for free.
Powerful filtering, grouping and sorting help you find movies very fast.