ProgDVB has support for various types of data sources
- Internet TV and Radio. About 4000 channels in the list.
- DVB-S (satellite), DVB-S2, DVB-C (cable), DVB-T,ATSC
- Analog TV
- Playback from a file
- High Definition TV support including H.264/AVC
- Picture-in-picture support as well as independent simultaneous recording/playback of several channels from one or more devices
- Support for the majority of DVB and ATSC devices including DiSEqC and CAM interfaces support
- Support for all digital TV audio formats: MPEG, AC3, AAC,...
- Time shifting functionality using the RAM or disk buffer of unlimited size
- 10 Bands equalizer
- TV and Radio channels recording
- Playback from disk based files
- Electronic program guide (EPG) from Digital TV or XmlTV.
- Subtile(Teletext, image-based and closed captions)
- Support for VR, VMR7,VMR9 and EVR renderers including OSD (except VR) independently from channel type or signal presence
- Network broadcasting
- Skins for OSD and GUI
- Both Win32 and full-fledged Win64 versions are available
- Interface Language Localizations
Currently works with DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-T and DVB-C cards of the following manufactures
- Anysee (E30S Plus,...)
- AverMedia DVB-S
- Azurewave (TwinHan) (VP-1027, VP-1034, VP-1041,... ).
- BroadLogic 2030/1030
- Compro VideoMate DVB-S
- Digital everywhere FireDTV/FloppyDTV
- DVBWorld USB2.0 DVB-S/DVBWorldDTV(PCI-Sat), Acorp TV878DS/DS110/DS120, Nextorm NBS240/NSC120
- GeniaTech products(Digistar DVB-S PCI, satbox, TVStar, Digistar2, Digiwave 103G,...)
- Kworld DVB-S 100 compatible (Vstream, Dynavision..... )
- LifeView FlyDVB
- Netcast DVB
- NEWMI Advanced DVB
- TBS Q-Box
- Telemann Skymedia 300 DVB (not official)
- St@rKey usb box
- Cards with BDA driver (possible issues with some cards)
- Also works without a card, for example, as a video player or as a broadcast client
Changes in ProgDVB 7.0
- Video On Demand. Now ProgDVB completely supports OTT include timeshift and VOD. In this version VOD implemented for Kartina TV and Rodina TV. New generation of Internet TV/Radio. Support links to mp4 over GDCL. Improves of MIS/PLS, EPG for IPTV/OTT, Prog Audio renderer, UI, ... ProgDVB Pro 6.x license still good for ProgDVB Pro 7.x!
on 30 April 2013, reviewed by: OPODER
- It is a kind of SHAREWARE because if you want do something, you have to buy PRO version.
- Not so easy to configure.
does not work perfectly with the Brazilian system.
- Complicated tuning system (but has good options).
- The new look can work well for tablets, but it $uck$ on windows. Large Icons and waste of screen space.
- This new version freeze a lot and does not close completely. We have to finalize the task.
ProgDVB has options for working with network broadcasting and Audio/Video recording of the stream to different digital-media formats.