ProgDVB has support for various types of data sources
- Internet TV and Radio. About 4000 channels in the list.
- DVB-S (satellite), DVB-S2, DVB-C (cable), DVB-T,ATSC
- Analog TV
- Playback from a file
- High Definition TV support including H.264/AVC
- Picture-in-picture support as well as independent simultaneous recording/playback of several channels from one or more devices
- Support for the majority of DVB and ATSC devices including DiSEqC and CAM interfaces support
- Support for all digital TV audio formats: MPEG, AC3, AAC,...
- Time shifting functionality using the RAM or disk buffer of unlimited size
- 10 Bands equalizer
- TV and Radio channels recording
- Playback from disk based files
- Electronic program guide (EPG) from Digital TV or XmlTV.
- Subtile(Teletext, image-based and closed captions)
- Support for VR, VMR7,VMR9 and EVR renderers including OSD (except VR) independently from channel type or signal presence
- Network broadcasting
- Skins for OSD and GUI
- Both Win32 and full-fledged Win64 versions are available
- Interface Language Localizations
Currently works with DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-T and DVB-C cards of the following manufactures
- Anysee (E30S Plus,...)
- AverMedia DVB-S
- Azurewave (TwinHan) (VP-1027, VP-1034, VP-1041,... ).
- BroadLogic 2030/1030
- Compro VideoMate DVB-S
- Digital everywhere FireDTV/FloppyDTV
- DVBWorld USB2.0 DVB-S/DVBWorldDTV(PCI-Sat), Acorp TV878DS/DS110/DS120, Nextorm NBS240/NSC120
- GeniaTech products(Digistar DVB-S PCI, satbox, TVStar, Digistar2, Digiwave 103G,...)
- Kworld DVB-S 100 compatible (Vstream, Dynavision..... )
- LifeView FlyDVB
- Netcast DVB
- NEWMI Advanced DVB
- TBS Q-Box
- Telemann Skymedia 300 DVB (not official)
- St@rKey usb box
- Cards with BDA driver (possible issues with some cards)
- Also works without a card, for example, as a video player or as a broadcast client
Changes in ProgDVB 7.0
- Important improvements of h.265/HEVC supporting. Independent IPTV settings for every provider, fix Torrent TV, /NoGraph in Options and more.
ProgDVB has options for working with network broadcasting and Audio/Video recording of the stream to different digital-media formats.