ReClock also provides a frame rate adaptator for media files that do not match a multiple of the video card refresh rate (ex: playback of 23,976fps IVTC NTSC on a PAL TV).
Finally it is an audio renderer with hardware or software rate adaptation in real-time, multi-channel audio, and dynamic range compression capabilities.
- ReClock must be installed *after* PowerDVD or Arcsoft TMT 3
- Whenever PowerDVD or Arcsoft TMT 3 is updated or reinstalled, ReClock must be reinstalled
- ReClock replaces the ASAudioRenderer.dll in the TMT 3.0 Codec directory. A backup ASAudioRenderer_bak.dll will be created. Do not delete this file, it is required!
Changes in ReClock DirectShow Filter 1.8.8
- New: Support for ArcSoft TMT 6
- New: Support for PowerDVD 13
* ReClock DirectShow Filter 1.6
- you can now allow ReClock to load only with some players/applications. See advanced settings in config app
- the VBS notification script now receive the file name or the DVD mode if playing a DVD
- added a new audio renderer based on "kernel streaming". This renderer access directly your audio card using a WDM interface, and thus completely bypass Windows internal handling of audio that can alter sound quality (directsound resampling, etc...). See config app
- added an indication in "renderers infos" box that indicate if reclock did alter the audio bitstream (for example to resample, timestrech audio or modify dynamic range)
- the old low quality sound resampler has been replaced with a new one that can achieve much better quality. You can now choose between 4 resampling modes (low quality will use little CPU, higher quality will use more CPU). See config app
- audio time stretching support coming from WinDVD have been dropped, since ReClock now have builtin timestretching code that yields better audio quality and is more CPU efficient
- the audio compressor, resampler and timestreching code are now plugins (DLL) that are loaded by ReClock at startup. This is more GPL compliant since ReClock does not need a single line of GPL code to be compiled, and you can now alter those plugins using the source distribution given with ReClock
- you can now bypass the monitor detection in multi-head environnement. It can be automatic as in version 1.4 or you can force ReClock to think it is running on a specified monitor. See config app
- tray icon can be disabled with config app
- built-in framerate estimator is now compatible with Trimension DNM (WinDVD feature)
- improved builtin framerate estimator (less sensitive to cpu load, works better with NTSC DVD)
- added new choices in adaptation menu
- ReClock will no more display a crash dialog when the code responsible of the crash was not in ReClock itself (too many people associated those crashes with problems in ReClock). Crash data will be silently logged anyway, and error will be reported as if ReClock was not loaded
- fixed problem in video card detection at startup in multi-monitor config
- fixed bugs that would lead to a crash when video card detection goes wrong at startup or when resolution change
- fixed a bug in automatic monitor tracking (would not detect that the player window was dragged to another monitor)
- fixed a bug in refresh rate detection that could be false sometimes with some NVidia cards
- fixed a bug in crash situation when the crash dialog that would not always appear leaving the player in some zombie state
- fixed a bug in PCM 32 bits sound handling that would distort sound in some rare cases
- fixed a bug that could cause a crash if event notification was enabled and player was in disabled players list
- reduced dramatically memory footprint of ReClock especially when multichannel audio is played
- compiled with VS2005 and latest SDKs
- other various bugfixes
ReClock DirectShow Filter 126.96.36.199 beta
on 02 January 2013, reviewed by: fifi
Will always skip audio at start of play, no matter what settings.
ReClock DirectShow Filter 188.8.131.52 beta
on 08 July 2012, reviewed by: gary
Cleared up annoying audio sound distortions/unwanted noise for a couple of months,but back to square one now.
Program seems to require update for windows 7 which I could not find.
ReClock DirectShow Filter 184.108.40.206 beta
on 09 April 2010, reviewed by: Ronald
Now I have a High-End audio in my PC. I'm using ReClock 1.8.5 with KMP. The best estereo audio in PC or musicserver. I upsampling 44.1kHz/16bit to 192kHz/32bit. Great!
It provides a new reference clock that is locked to the video card hardware clock, in order to ensure that frames are played at the exact speed of what is expected by the video card vertical sync.