Features of Tara's Real Audio Input Plugin
1. Real Audio
- Supports all Real audio & video formats enabling them to be played in Winamp.
2. Process Audio Through Winamp
- This means that Winamp can save Real Audio files to wav format (even RMX files). It also means that Winamp's EQ & Visualization/DSP/Output plugins are enabled. Sometimes processing audio through Winamp fails. In these situations, configure the audio to NOT process through Winamp. Once you select this option you can still play files, but Winamp's EQ & Visualization/DSP/Output plugins will not work.
3. Error Handling
- If your connection is broken while playing a Real audio/video file, Tara automatically reconnects & begins from where it left off. Tara tries to reconnect 3 times, then it displays an error message. This reconnect feature can be disabled if you always want to display an error when/if it occurs (see picture above).
- The next version of this plugin will skin itself using Winamp's current skin. Until then you can manually change the Video Window's skin to something you've created. The dimensions of the bitmap should be 300 x 255 pixels. The upper right 16 x 15 pixel border represents the various control buttons (close, minimize, maximize, and system menu). The lower right 15 x 15 pixel border is used for resizing. So create a bitmap which conforms to these dimensions and select the location from the configuration dialog box.
5. Automatic CODEC Download
- If a particular file type registered to this plugin is played for the first time (like AVI), the plugin automatically downloads the necessary codecs.
6. Configurable File Types
- The files types that Winamp associates with this plugin can be changed via the tara.ini file, usually found here C:\Program Files\Winamp\tara.ini.
7. Video Resizing
- Tara now remembers the last size used for the video window. You can also use keyboard shortcuts for resizing (for example, press CTRL+1 to return the video to its original size and CTRL+ENTER for full-screen).
8, 9, 10 etc. There are countless more features - What are you waiting for... find out for yourself.
Changes in Real Audio Input Plugin 1.0.3b
- Fixed winamp hang issue, memory leaks and minor bugs.
- Added reconnect logic in case of disconnect, and rearranged configuration dialog.
- You must have Real Player or Real Alternative [recommended] installed in order for this plugin to work.