In addition, Streamripper includes a relay server for listening to the station while you are recording.
Streamripper for Windows and Winamp installer contains
- the Winamp Plugin: this uses the GUI application for actual ripping.
- Console Application or the streamripper command-line application: very handy for advanced users.
- the GUI Application: you need the GUI version of streamripper for the Winamp plugin, but you can run it standalone too.
- Core Libraries: the streamripper core. You'll need this ;)
How to use Streamripper
The following steps switches Streamripper on (if you didn't do this during installation)
- Go in Winamp
to Options > Preferences > Plug-ins > General Purpose
- Click on "Streamripper For Winamp" and then click on "Configure selected plug-in"
- In the little Window, check the box and click OK.
- In Systray near the clock doubleclick on the SR icon (the icon will always appear when running winamp).
Changes in Streamripper 1.64.6
- Fix bug which creates corrupted id3v2 tags
- Remove trailing periods for stream name
on 09 July 2006, reviewed by: Peter Topno
Just tried it and it seems great. Yet to understand its full potential though !
on 10 November 2004, reviewed by: Willems
The meta data within the stream are interpreted to determine the beginning and end of each song, and stores the songs on your hard disk as individual files.