Subtitle Workshop 6.0 is based on Subtitle Workshop 2.51.
is the most complete, efficient and convenient freeware subtitle editing tool. It supports all the subtitle formats you need and has all the features you would want from a subtitle editing program.
It includes spell check function and an advanced video preview feature which will ease the task even more.
The best choice for the beginner, expert or the fansubber. Have a try, and you'll forget the rest!
Features of Subtitle Workshop 6
- Supports converting between, creating, opening, editing, and saving over 60 (currently) subtitle formats via the Subtitle API library, as well as saving subtitles in a custom user-defined file format.
- User-friendly, multi-language, customizable interface (including customizable shortcuts and translation mode).
- Vast array of customizable tools and functions for automatic timing and text manipulations, including automatic durations, smart line adjusting, spell checking, FPS conversion, search and replace, and many more.
- Comprehensive customizable system for automatically or manually detecting, marking, and fixing various timing and text subtitle errors.
- Supports style tags (bold, italic, underline) and color tags in the subtitle text -- including full tags support for multiple tags in a single subtitle.
- Supports displaying and manipulating the timing pauses (the time gap between two subtitles) and offers a CpS (Characters per Second) system.
- Multi-level Undo-Redo system.
- Integrated video player with customizable subtitles preview and full screen mode that would play any video or audio format the system has codecs installed for.
- Offers various information about the subtitle file, including custom information based on user-defined rules about the timing or the text.
- Supports the usage of external Pascal scripts, as well as find-and-replace text scripts (called OCR Scripts).
Changes in Subtitle Workshop 6.0b
* This is a quick release and there is only one change in it:
- Bug fixed: Impossible to edit subtitles containing two-byte characters (Chinese, Japanese, Korean).
* We are still working on a new version which would include some new features, so keep checking.
- See full list of changes here
Subtitle Workshop makes subtitle creating/editing/converting tasks almost a pleasure, the amicable and intuitive interface mixes easy to access menus & must have features with advanced functions and a remarkable speed and stability, drastically reducing subtitle editing time.