Windows Media Player Plus!
is a free plug-in for Windows Media Player
that adds various user interface and playback enhancements.
Features of Windows Media Player Plus! 2.6
- Tag Editor Plus: an alternative for Windows Media Player's Advanced Tag Editor. Tag Editor Plus works on Windows Media Player 12 too, where the original Advanced Tag Editor has been removed.
- Global hotkeys, allowing you to control Windows Media Player from within any running application.
- Party Shuffle: a dynamic playlist, that automatically gets filled up with randomly picked songs. Of course, you can still add songs yourself, and reorder/remove songs, just like with a normal playlist. Very useful while throwing a party, as a DJ aid, or just for casual listening.
- Real 'find as you type' in the media library: you can simply start typing to search, without having to click on the Search field first.
- Disc number ('set') support in the media library: shows disc numbers in the Track number column and makes Windows Media Player use the disc numbers for sorting the tracks of an album.
- Access the standard Explorer right-click menu of a media file directly from within Windows Media Player.
- Restore last active playlist, media item, and playback position at Windows Media Player startup.
- Show currently playing media in Windows Media Player's title bar.
- Advanced playback options: Stop after current and Close after current, to automatically stop playback or close Windows Media Player when the current media has ended.
- Let Windows Media Player play/pause when you press the space bar.
- Disable group headers in the Library Pane.
- Enhanced and configurable replacement of the Windows Live Messenger Music plug-in (What I'm Listening To).
- Access the properties/settings of any Windows Media Player plug-in from within the main menu (Tools - Plug-in properties), without having to go to Options first.
- Bring back the "Find in library" right-click option of older versions of Windows Media Player to Windows Media Player 12.
- "Play next" option when right-clicking a media item in Windows Media Player 11's library (Windows Media Player 12 already has this by default).
- Quickly re-enable all plug-ins after a Windows Media Player crash.
- Windows Media Player Plus! is written for Windows Media Player 11
Changes in Windows Media Player Plus! 2.6
- Version 2.6 adds support for showing the currently playing media in Skype's mood message and fixes some stability issues that were uncovered after the release of version 2.5.
Windows Media Player Plus! 1.1
on 09 March 2011, reviewed by: leon
It's good, except for the problem that it does not restore media after you close and open the player. Even though i have it set for it to do so.
It does provide me with media info while it's playing. It enhances my searching for media in my player.