Still, if you want to copy DVDs, you will also need AnyDVD
Unlike other applications, CloneCD performs 1:1 copying and data is not compressed.
Besides music and data CDs, the utility also handles ISO and UDF files.
Getting perfect copies of any original CD, including the latest ones, is possible due to the new SafeDisc 3 Copy Protection System. The backup created with CloneCD will play on any device, including car audio systems that reject your copy-protected CDs.
CloneCD is known as the first copying application which uses the RAW-Mode. It amplifies and emulates weak sectors with all selected CD writers and it writes audio CDs that comply with the Redbook standard. Besides CDs and DVDs, CloneCD also copies from hard discs and virtual drives.
CloneCD is easy to work with due to the wide selection of presets and default profiles. Some of the newest features are copying SafeDisc 3 protected CDs and DVDs and emulating SafeDisc 3 weak sectors. Because it was designed stable and fast, it doesn’t need an ASPI driver.
CloneCD is suitable for average users due to its intuitive interface and it also features several advanced options for power users.
The utility contains five sections: audio CD, data CD, game CD, multimedia audio CD and protected PC game. No matter what profile you choose, CloneCD works fast and it uses a reasonable amount of system resources.
Changes in CloneCD 5.3.2
- New: Support for Windows 10
- New: Improved compatibility with modern hardware
- New: Support for large harddisks with sector sizes > 2048 bytes
- New: Improved file read / write performance with modern hardware
- New: ElbyCDIO layer updated
- Fix: Position of legal disclaimer on multi monitor configurations
- Change: Only drives which have a drive letter assigned are selectable
- Some minor fixes and improvements
Starting with the 5.0 version, the application can also copy DVD formats like DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R Dual Layer and DVD-RAM.