ID3-TagIT is - in contrast to many other editors - able to read information from the directory structure and put it into the TAG, organize files into folders, handle several comments and genres in the ID3V2 TAG, and every function is available for ID3v1 and ID3v2.
Features of ID3-TagIT 3.3
- Edit TAG (ID3v1 & ID3v2): Opens a dialog where the tags of a selected file can be edited. As there are a great number of entries in the ID3v2 tag, not all entries are supported yet but will be integrated in the next versions.
- Multiple Edit TAG (ID3v1 & ID3v2): This is simular to 'Edit TAG' but you can write information into many files in one step. You also can remove single entries from the tag.
- Remove TAG (ID3v1 & ID3v2): Simply what it says.
- TAG to Filename (ID3v1 & ID3v2): Writes information from the tag to the filename using a totally free format defined by YOU.
- Filename to TAG (ID3v1 & ID3v2): Reads information from the filename using a format YOU defined and writes it into the tag.
- Organize Files: This function can sort your MP3 files into folders using the information form the ID3-tags
- Case Conversion (ID3v1 & ID3v2): With this function you can correct the case in the filenames and certain tag entries.
- Transfer ID3v1 <-> ID3v2: Transfers information from one tag version into the other.
- FreeDB Connection: If you want to TAG whole albums you can connect to the FreeDB CD database and ID3-TagIT will add the TAG information from the database automatically.
- Analyse Functions: These functions compare the filename with the TAG information and show mismatches or detect duplicate files by comparing TAG information or audio data.
- Favourites: Collect many indepented directories under one favourite and edit the containing files all at ones.
- ID3V2-Genres and Artists-Libraray: You can enter your own ID3v2 genres, so that they are available in every dialog in which you can set the genre of a MP3 file. You can also define ID3v1 genres which then are related to your ID3v2 genres and will replace them when using the transfer function. You can also create a library of artists from existing TAG information so that you have them available when editing other files.
ID3-TagIT has many functions to help you achieve your goal as quickly as possible.