In digital video broadcasting the sound and images are send in an MPEG2 transport stream.
This is a format that was specifically designed for transmission of video over non-lossless media (such as airwaves or the internet).
A DVB-receiver has to cope with packet loss and can do so thanks to the nature of the transport stream.
When you want to play videos on your computer ("software player") or VCD-/DVD-player ("standalone player") these devices expect an MPEG2 program stream, a format specifically designed for video storage on mass storage media.
Therefore to play the video captured with a DVB-card in your computer, the stream has to be converted from transport stream (TS) to program stream (PS) format.
Changes in PVAStrumento 22.214.171.124
- added support for audio stream selection (makePS with mpeg input)
- little fixes (like you can start only the output if a audio stream is selected)
- added support for audio stream selection (makePS with TS input)
- added option "Enable Audio Stream Selection" in audio options (the new feature is only activ if Audio Stream Selection = enable otherwise pvas puts all Audio Streams in output file)
- added alert trace when pvas doesn't know the file type
- fixed mistake in PVA output fcts
- added pva jobfile creation via GUI
- added makePVA support in jobfile (cPVAS and GUI)
- first fix to find AC3 streams which aren't listed in PMT (option "Relaxed TS Semantics on input" must be active (possibly a rework is necessary))
- moved ini file from windows dir to program dir
PVAStrumento can also be used to "repair" existing MPEG2 PS for further processing.