How to use AviSynth
There are some really great programs that support AviSynth or utilize it behind the scenes.
• The most well-tested application is VirtualDubMod
. It has a great built in editor that allows you to edit scripts and test the result with a keypress. The easiest way to create a script is to create a simple script, open it and enter Tools/Script Editor (or press Ctrl+E). Now you can edit your script and press "F5" to see the result in the main window.
• The best GUI solution is StaxRip
. It provides complete integration with AviSynth and very powerful GUI's for creating scripts. It provides visual cropping, resizing and many filters. It is able to store the settings for later use so you can reuse the scripts. A definate must-try!
• Another powerful, GUI-like approach is AVSGenie
. It generates scripts, and allows you to very easy adjust filter parameters visually, and see your result instantly. This is a program with very big potential - only problem for now that it isn't capable of reading scripts, so you can re-edit them.
Changes in AviSynth 2.5.8
* Added Czech doc translation.
* Added Polish doc translation by Slim, Krismen & Co.
* Added Japanese doc translation by niiyan.
* Added Installer standalone unpack option.
* Added Blankclip audio channels= and sample_type= arguments.
* ConvertAudio(cii) available to plugins via env->Invoke().
* Added font aspect, rotation and alpha to text routines.
* Added /* xxx */ block comments.
* Added [* [* xxx *] *] nestable block comments.
* SetMemoryMax(0) now just returns Memory Max value.
* Added planar YV12 color format to Compare().
* ColorKeyMask: Allow independant tolerance levels for each channel.
* Added Tweak Hue/Saturation range limiting.
* Added AudioLevels and Color2 modes to Histogram.
* Added WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE audio output.
* Added ShowTime() script verb, like ShowSMPTE() but with milliseconds.
* Added BlackmanResize() and Spline64Resize().
* Modified DeleteFrame()/DuplicateFrame() to process multiple arguments.
* Added Min()/Max() script functions.
• A complete list can be found at http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Changelist
• Known problems and issues
* Rightclick on scripts to open them in VDubMod: When the script is messed
- up in the script editor, the correct error message does not appear.
* Possible other bugs which are reported at
AviSynth works as a frameserver, providing instant and very fast editing without the need for temporary files.