Features of foobar2000
- Audio formats supported: MKA, MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, AAC, AIFF, Opus
, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC
/ Ogg FLAC, WavPack
, WAV, WMA, AIFF, Musepack
, AU, SND.
- Full unicode support.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component (requires external commandline encoder executables for different output formats).
- ReplayGain support - both playback and calculation.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
Changes in foobar2000 1.3 beta
- Generic performance optimizations, mainly affecting very large playlists and libraries.
- Playlist & Media Library search dialogs no longer block UI when performing lookups.
- Converter: added an option to transfer ReplayGain information to the destination files.
- Spurious/oversized metadata such as whole EAC logs entries are now dropped from foobar2000's cache, for better search performance and lower resource usage.
- Updated FFmpeg to 2.0.1.
- Corrected gapless playback of HE-AAC files made with iTunes.
- Improved smooth playlist scrolling.
* foobar2000 1.2.9
- Cosmetic fixes:
* ReplayGain scanner context menu tweaks - “Remove ReplayGain Info” grayed out when there's nothing to remove.
* Made batch picture attach related commands appear in more cases where they didn't appear in previous versions.
- Fixed incompatibility with vgmstream input plug-in
* Files with .afc extension that are not recognized by standard decoders can now be handled by third party decoders.
- Workaround for buggy ID3v2 readers (Windows Explorer) - Front Cover is now always stored first.
foobar2000 1.2.3 beta 2
on 07 February 2013, reviewed by: Poulpos
Foobar2000 is awsome !
VERY light in term of CPU & RAM usage
Very wide codec support
Excellent at mass tagging and managing your audio library
Lots of extensions available if needed
Love you foobar2000, keep up the good work.
on 24 August 2010, reviewed by: Jim Doe
A -MUST HAVE- player for every person who respects himself!!
1:Supports an awful lot of different formats
2:With the proper components you can bypass windows mixer and set the output as an ASIO DEVICE,WASAPI OR KERNEL STREAMING!! How COOL is that!!!
3:Feel free to configure Foobar in your own specific way
4:Great management of your music library and mass tagging options(by using just a component!!)
5:Many encoding formats and options
6:Almost non-existent memory footprint
7:For those of you feeling uncomfortable to use the player ~please~ check out the guide and the charts at Wikipedia,under:Music player comparison (software)
8:If you are still not sure about this,return to your familiar player..We can handle the loneliness of the TOP!!!
foobar2000 1.1 beta 2
on 04 August 2010, reviewed by: kim
This is so close to be perfect (it actually is perfect)
No need for several codecs and converters, it does it all and plays it all (okay, you will have to dl some components and may want lame.exe and/or flac.exe, but when all is set, you have a very powerful player/program.)