MPC Batch Encoder
(Windows frontend for the MusePack encoder and decoder).
Musepack is based on the MPEG-1 Layer-2 / MP2 algorithms, but has rapidly developed and vastly improved and is now at an advanced stage in which it contains heavily optimized and patentless code.
It is currently the preferred format for audiophiles and strongly recommended for everyone.
Musepack SV8 tools
• This package contains the Musepack Stream Version 8 command line tools for Windows.
- mpcenc 1.30.0 - the encoder converts WAV or lossless files to MPC files.
- mpcdec 1.0.0 - the decoder converts MPC files to WAV or checks files for stream errors.
- mpcgain 0.9.3 - the ReplayGain calculator adds ReplayGain info to MPC files.
- mpcchap 0.9.0 - SV8 chapter editor embeds chapters into MPC files using info in chapter or cue files.
- mpccut 0.9.0 - SV8 stream cutter losslessly cuts stream segments based on selected start/end samples.
- mpc2sv8 1.0.0 - Musepack SV7 to SV8 converter losslessly converts MPC files encoded by an SV7 encoder.
Changes in Musepack SV8 tools
- Updates in Windows package: mpcgain.exe was fixed to prevent corruption which could be caused in certain cases and to allow wildcards. mpccut.exe is now more resilient to errors and can cut broken files.
Changes from Musepack Encoder 1.15v to Musepack Encoder 1.16
- Add fast seeking flag in reserved header data. Enable bit-perfect fast seeking. Patch by Andrew Cupper & Nicolas Botti
- Add optional beeping at the end of encoding (--beep)
- Remove tag guessing from filename on UNIX
- Add Unicode input support for tags (--unicode) (UNIX only). Patch by Valery Bruniaux
- Frontend patches from xmixahlx & Shy
- Code clean-up
- Port build system to cmake for UNIX & msvc2005 for win32