Features of LAV Filters 0.6
• Note that this list only lists properly tested formats/codecs, many others may just work!
MKV/WebM, AVI, MP4/MOV, MPEG-TS/PS (including basic EVO support), FLV, OGG, and many more that are supported by ffmpeg!
- Video Codecs:
, VC-1, MPEG-2, MPEG4-ASP (Divx/Xvid), VP8, MJPEG and many more.
- Audio Codecs:
AAC, AC3, DTS(-HD), TrueHD, MP3/MP2, Vorbis, LPCM and more.
VOB, DVB Subs, PGS, SRT, SSA/ASS, Text
- BluRay Support:
Support for opening BluRay playlists (.mpls), as well as the index.bdmv file, which will try to detect the main movie playlist!
BluRay support is still in an early stage, and there are still many improvements and new features planned!
Other Notable Features
- Full Stream switching
- MKV Embedded Fonts
- Audio Bitstreaming (through LAV Audio)
- Some other splitters register in a "bad" way and force all players to use them. The Haali Media Splitter
is one of those, and to give priority to the LAVFSplitter you have to either uninstall Haali or rename its .ax file at least temporarily.
- Not all containers are equally supported, so some formats may fail in one container and work in another.
Also note that "tested" doesn't mean it won't fail eventually. There are many combinations of codecs, and its impossible to test all of them for developer.
Changes in LAV Filters 0.62
* LAV Splitter
- Fixed: The filtered Forced Subtitles stream did not properly send all related subtitle data in some cases
* LAV Video
- NEW: Implemented a WMV9 MFT decoder to replace the old DMO decoder for VC-1/WMV3 on Windows 7 and above
- NEW: Support for VP7 video
- Fixed: Multi-threaded video decoding could result in a handle leak on some systems
- Fixed: Video processing was slow on Windows XP due to inefficient memcpy use
- Fixed: DVD subtitles could overlap on some discs
* LAV Audio
- Fixed: Dynamic format switching to an audio stream with a different sample rate did not work in some cases