Main features of AC3 Decoder 1.2.6
- Do you have some surround-sound components, but not all speakers to reproduce it, and would like to listen to multichannel movies and music right now?
- Do you have an elaborate home theater system in one room, but sometimes would like to enjoy surround sound in another room without all the bother?
- When you're away from home, would you like to experience true surround sound from movies?
- You don't want to buy portable DVD player, because you own a portable MP3 player and you would like to listen true surround sound while travelling?
- You have downloaded AC3 format file from the Internet, but your favourite audio player doesn't support AC3 format.
AC3 Decoder can take care of all these problems.
• AC3 format file may contain up to 6 audio channels. AC3 Decoder combines the information from these channels into two encoded channels, which deliver to each of your ears, via conventional stereo headphones, its own unique sum of direct and reflected sound from each virtual speaker. As a result, the listening sensation is much more natural, with sounds appearing "out-of-head" can be encoded into any supported by AC3 Decoder formats. The best surround-sound experience can be heard in headphones.
• AC3 Decoder and Dolby Headphones technology.
AC3 Decoder uses its own sound mixing algorithm based on Dolby Laboratories audio mixing recommendations. But it doesn't use Dolby Headphones technology. AC3 decoding engine can decode up to 6 (5.1) audio channels, but we do not see any reason to decode it to 6 audio files in this version.
AC3 Decoder now supports Windows Media 9 Format! New support for variable bit rate (VBR) audio enables even higher quality and smaller file sizes. WMA 9 is backward-compatible with older Windows Media Audio - compatible decoders, so you can play back new content on old players, operating systems, and electronic devices.