MKVToolnix is a set of tools to create, alter and inspect Matroska files under Windows.
Matroska is a new multimedia file format aiming to become THE new container format for the future.
Changes in MKVToolnix 6.5
- mkvmerge: enhancement: filler NALUs will now be removed from framed h.264/AVC tracks (such as the ones read from Matroska/MP4 files) just like they have already been when handling unframed tracks.
- mkvextract: new feature: implemented support for extracting VP9 tracks into IVF files.
- mkvmerge: new feature: implemented support for VP9 read from IVF and Matroska/WebM files. Implements #899.
- mkvextract: enhancement: using the same track/attachment ID multiple times in "tracks", "attachments" or "timecodes_v2" mode will result in an error message instead of one empty file. Implements #914.
- mmg: bug fix: With wxWidgets 2.9.x/3.0.x debug message will no longer appear as modal dialogs but only go to the log window.
- See full list of changes here
on 18 May 2012, reviewed by: shahid
Best app to to modify mkv audio, can delete audio and subs or add another. very easy to use.
With these tools one can get information about (mkvinfo) Matroska files, extract tracks/data from (mkvextract) Matroska files and create (mkvmerge) Matroska files from other media files.
Copy this code into your website if you want to link to MKVToolnix page:
<a href="http://www.free-codecs.com/download/MKVToolnix.htm">Download MKVToolnix</a>