- playback of many audio (MP3, OGG, AAC, WAV, MOD, XM, S3M, IT, MIDI, etc) and video types (AVI,ASF,MPEG,NSV);
- custom appearances called skins (supporting both classic Winamp 1.x/2.x skins and Winamp 3 freeform skins);
- audio visualization and audio effect plug-ins (including two industry dominating visualization plug-ins);
- an advanced media library;
- Internet radio and TV support;
- CD ripping and CD burning.
• Winamp Full version plays MP3s, AAC, WMA, and more; Compatible with Winamp 2 Plug-ins; Full Support for classic and modern skins; Plays Videos; has a Powerful Media Library; Browse Internet Radio & TV Stations; Integrated Internet Music Videos & Songs; Bundled Visualizations; and Burn & Rip CDs.
• Winamp LITE version plays MP3s, AAC, WMA, and more. It is compatible with Winamp 2 Plug-ins and has full support for classic skins.
: a playlist editor and a 10-band graphic equalizer with user-definable presets that can automatically load specific files. It also includes Windows Media Technology 4.0 input/output support and the industry-standard Fraunhofer MP3 decoder.
installer is bundled with "Winamp Toolbar". However, you may continue the installation process without installing them.
Changes in Winamp 5.66
- Improved: Added a Reset button to clear history in the Open/Add URL dialog
- Improved: Added an option to disable the mouse wheel from altering the volume
- Improved: Added more commandline switches (run: winamp.exe /? to see full list)
- Improved: All menus now use the skinned style when option is enabled in ML settings
- Improved: Disable all online features when no internet connection selected in Prefs
- Improved: High DPI & text scaling compatibility fixes for dialogs & library views
- Improved: Increased notification area tooltips up to 128 chars (instead of 64)
- Improved: Library views now optionally group the 'Play' and 'Enqueue' buttons
- See full changelog here
on 24 December 2011, reviewed by: adrian
confirming that there is a general problem with winamp not closing properly; application need to be killed in task manager; tried removing plugins, having clean install with only basic components to play music but still it doesn't work right. more and more problems... disappointing!
on 27 October 2011, reviewed by: sixor
winamp is awesome since ancient times, too bad it is very bloated and full of crap this days, you need like 2 minutes unticking all the crap from setup,
after that you need to config a litthe, disable internet, but in the end the player is great
it was epic in the 2.xx era,
on 04 April 2011, reviewed by: Valkyr
Winamp is the best - if you install it properly it is not bloatware.
Use it with enhancer 0.17 plugin - it is an old plugin but once you install it, it changes all your mp3s to pure sound bliss. windows 7 needs an enhancer wrapper - google it - not big only kb.
been using winamp+enhancer and never change - dont even bother about foobar or other -you can't match the combination