Support of RIFF INFO tags ensures backward compatibility with standart Windows players like MS Media Player.
abcAVI Tag Editor shows complete information on AVI file both in tree style and in short form.
It recognizes more then 650 FourCC and TwoCC codes (shows complete names of audio/video codecs used). Has predefined lists of contents for some tags (Product, Genre, Rated, Language, Source form and Medium).
Allows multiple file editing - supports Drag-and-Drop files and directories to the main window (for example from "Find files" window), embeds its item to the MS Explorer context menu.
abcAVI Tag Editor allows changing of FourCC video codec signatures, AVI frame rate (playback speed) and video frame size.
abcAVI Tag Editor has Import function - getting information from Internet Movie Database. You can choose what to import (around 30 positions) and set the corresponding limitations. abcAVI sends all queries through e-mail interface and economize your bandwidth (only usefull information is getting from IMDb).
abcAVI Tag Editor has flexible report creating system (Export function). You can create your oun export templates using more then 150 predefined keywords (technical information on AVI file, AVI tags, etc). abcAVI supports TXT, HTML, XLS formats and other textual formats at your choice. As an additional function export system can rename AVI files.
Changes in abcAVI Tag Editor 22.214.171.124
- Some inaccuracy in the tag comparison table and the description of INFO tags were corrected (information at the abcavi site).
- AVI files with several video streams were displayed incorrectly (DivX files with built-in subtitles, for example). Now abcAVI shows the information on the first stream not the last.
- Bug in abcAVI.dll was fixed - renaming of AVI files in Explorer resulted in long delays when abcAVI Info Tips had been installed.
- Layout of Russian help and manual was fixed - some cirylic characters were replaced by black squares.
- The creation of messages for IMDb was improved to avoid spam filters.
- Query sending was optimized - now abcAVI sends only one message with the cumulative query instead of multiple messages (one per query).
- The algorithm of file analysis in abcAVI.dll was improved. The files with *.avi extension but truly not AVI files are processed much more faster now.
- abcAVI writes only one instance of its signature into JUNK section of AVI file. Earlier versions wrote their signature repeating every 256 byte.
- Defined more exactly 1 video FourCC and 18 audio TwoCC descriptions (thanks to http://www.getid3.org)
- Codecs definitions were moved from language.ini into separate file codec.ini. It make sure that there is no out of date codec definition. Otherwise qualified codec definition was overlaped by it's old translation from current language ini (when abcAVI work with other then English interface).
- Morgan Multimedia Stream Switcher was included into the installation pack. It forces Windows Media Player 7 and newer to show INFO tags.
- New export templates was added:
· The Core Media Player play list (NPL)Player
· Export technicals to Excel (DIF)
- New options were added to Internet connection settings:
· Server timeout
· Delete "orphan messages" from IMDb
· Clear the report at the connection centre automatically
- The authentication "POP before SMTP" was introduced
- The authentication SMTP (RFC 2554) was added
- Added 70 new video FourCC descriptions (thanks to http://www.kmstudio.com.ua and http://www.fourcc.org)
- Added 20 new audio TwoCC descriptions (thanks to http://www. getid3 .org and http://www. kmstudio .com.ua)
Supports RIFF INFO tags, MovieID tags, IDivX tags. Allows editing more then 40 tags, not only "Title", "Subject" and "Copyright".