(or KMPlayer Reloaded) is a powerful media player developed by the former KMPlayer
The player provides both internal and external filters with a fully controlled environment in terms of connections to other splitters, decoders, audio/video transform filters and renderers without grappling with the DirectShow merit system.
Internal filters are not registered into the system's registry to prevent the operating system from confusing system filters.
Features of Daum PotPlayer 1.5
- Ability to play and stream most video and audio formats
- Ability to play incomplete or damaged AVI files (by skipping the damaged frames)
- Very fast and lightweight
- Can remember where the user left off in a video
- Keyboard shortcuts for just most tasks, including seeking, volume, zoom, brightness, contrast, and even subtitle resyncing
- Subtitle support, including SAA and ASS support as well as embedded subtitles in MKV, OGM, MP4, MOV, and 3GP files
- Fully skinnable, users can choose different skins for different types of files, make the window transparent, hide the window border when playing, and more
- Video filters, like deinterlacing, postprocessing, de-noise, and more for customized playback
- Audio equalizer and video equalizer, that lets users adjust the brightness, contrast, hue, and more of the video
- Many more advanced settings in the Options menu
Changes in PotPlayer 1.5.40688
- Fixed a problem that no sound while playing certain FLAC files
- Fixed disconnection problem when playing http ogg stream in certain situations
* PotPlayer 1.5.40373
– Added the ability to use DPI-Awareness*
– Fixed an issue that can not work with some WebDAV servers
– Fixed an issue that can not read some png files
– Some fixes with broadcasting logo in certain environments
– Fixed an issue that starting playback takes a long time in certain PCs
– Fixed a problem when typing Alt+C and Alt+O in custom hotkey dialog
– Fixed a problem while adding files to playlist from Windows Explorer
– Fixed a problem that the screen goes blank when playing certain AVC1 files
– Fixed an issue with wave volume control
*With this feature enabled (in F5 > General > Dialog box) the program auto scales its windows and fonts according to the current screen DPI setting.
Daum PotPlayer 1.5.40105 beta
on 14 September 2013, reviewed by: tim
Very good media player. As good as old KMPlayer. But it lacks the multi-subtitle function as in KMPlayer
Daum PotPlayer 1.5.38932 beta
on 27 July 2013, reviewed by: Poxy Pig
This is an amazing player which appears to be able to handle anything thrown at it.
I would have given it 5* but for the confusing preferences, some of which are incomprehensible in the way they work (or not). Features such as aspect ratio are completely baffling in the way they are used.
Very similar to The KMPlayer by the same developer which also suffers from a confusing plethora of settings.
Daum PotPlayer 1.5.36205 final
on 20 March 2013, reviewed by: pooboy
Currently, the best player out there. Try it.
PotPlayer is able to play smoothly almost any media file you throw at it without the help of any audio or video codec packs installed on PC.