Additional codec packs become useless due to PotPlayer’s internal and external filters.
The internal filters won’t affect the performance of your operating system because they are not enlisted in the system’s registry.
The ability to play and stream an impressive list of video and audio formats is the most important feature of Daum PotPlayer, but this media player deserves your attention for other advantages it offers as well.
It can play incomplete and damaged AVI files (it skips the damaged frames), it allows you to create keyboard shortcuts, it supports a variety of subtitles, it comes with various skins (including the possibility to make the windows transparent), it can remember where the user left off in a video and resume.
Furthermore, PotPlayer can apply video filters for customized playback and it allows users to change the contrast, brightness or hue of the video.
Daum PotPlayer can be thus considered an audio and video experience enhancer, enabling you to get the most out of your music and movies.
You don’t have to set your custom configurations each time; save your presets and apply them again every time you want to.
In a few words, Daum PotPlayer is one of the best media players for Windows, due to its flawless performance, user-friendly interface and the ability to play almost anything.
Its large number of features will please experienced users, but they will not cause inconveniences to beginners, either.
The interface is intuitive and you’ll be ready to enjoy an amazing media experience as soon as you launch the application.
Changes in PotPlayer 1.6.51643
+ Added the ability to record videos in GIF format
+ Added the ability to use effect on air broadcasting
+ Added the ability to verify PotPlayer.dll has been modified when PotPlayer is running
- Fixed an issue that can't play videos from Daum's cloud server
- Fixed video corruption problem when decoding certain files with DXVA on Intel VGAs
- Fixed strange color problem when images are captured in JPEG/PNG format
- Fixed a problem that the volume level can't be adjusted when wave volume control is used in Vista or newer
- Fixed an issue where the Alt key triggers window's system menu and takes away the focus from the program
- Improved performance of Intel QuickSync decoder
- Fixed an issue that can not open 8Bit PNG files
- Changed default value of Deinterlace to Motion Adaptive