Additional codec packs become useless due to PotPlayer’s internal and external filters.
The internal filters won’t affect the performance of your operating system because they are not enlisted in the system’s registry.
The ability to play and stream an impressive list of video and audio formats is the most important feature of Daum PotPlayer, but this media player deserves your attention for other advantages it offers as well.
It can play incomplete and damaged AVI files (it skips the damaged frames), it allows you to create keyboard shortcuts, it supports a variety of subtitles, it comes with various skins (including the possibility to make the windows transparent), it can remember where the user left off in a video and resume.
Furthermore, PotPlayer can apply video filters for customized playback and it allows users to change the contrast, brightness or hue of the video.
Daum PotPlayer can be thus considered an audio and video experience enhancer, enabling you to get the most out of your music and movies.
You don’t have to set your custom configurations each time; save your presets and apply them again every time you want to.
In a few words, Daum PotPlayer is one of the best media players for Windows, due to its flawless performance, user-friendly interface and the ability to play almost anything.
Its large number of features will please experienced users, but they will not cause inconveniences to beginners, either.
The interface is intuitive and you’ll be ready to enjoy an amazing media experience as soon as you launch the application.
Changes in PotPlayer 1.6.53104
* Fixed an issue that the following file buffers when changing device during broadcasting
+ Added the ability to set whether displaying thumbnails in file navigation
+ Added various algorithms into VMR9/EVR scaler
+ Added the ability to show folders and files list on left/right side when opening FTP
- Fixed an issue that can't play certain MKV files smoothly
- Fixed an issue that no images appear when playing certain MPEG files
- Fixed an issue that playing some MPEG files with abnormal de-interlacing
- Improved display of album art
- Fixed an issue that can not properly detect the HDTV MMS channel
- Fixed an issue that intermittent parameter error in chat
- Fixed an issue that can automatically scroll with so much contents of the chat
- Fixed broadcast logo to support for animated PNG (APNG)