You can subscribe to channels of internet video, download videos, and watch them fullscreen, one after the other, all in one application. Internet video becomes internet TV. It's free and open for everyone to watch and broadcast.
Features of Miro 6.0
- Subscribe to Channels: Democracy has a built-in Channel Guide, an open catalog of hundreds of free channels. Subscribe to any channel with a single click.
- Download from Channels: After you subscribe to a channel, pick videos to download individually or set the channel to automatically get new stuff as it comes out (like a Tivo).
- Watch Videos: Lean back and watch your new videos in full screen at your convenience. Democracy plays lots of video formats.
- Auto-Download: Set your favorite channels to Auto-Download new videos as soon as they are available. You'll always have something new to watch.
- RSS is everywhere: Democracy can subscribe to any video RSS feed (video podcasts). Look for 'Subscribe' buttons on your favorite web sites.
- Seamless Bittorrent: Democracy seamlessly integrates Bittorrent and doesn't leech.
- Fullscreen: Lean back and watch fullscreen.
- New Items: A blue circle next to a channel means new videos are available for download. Green circles mean new videos are ready to watch.
- Manage Videos: My Collection lists all the videos you've downloaded and can be quickly searched.
installer is bundled with "Yahoo! Toolbar". However, you may continue the installation process without installing it. We suggest you to choose Custom Installation (advanced).
Changes in Miro 5.0
- dual audio files
- Download Vimeo HD videos, if available
- Miro needs a "currently playing" shortcut
- device enhancements meta ticket
- don't convert videos when they don't need to be converted to work on the device
- device fill maximum level setting
- auto-sync setting
- fill remaining space
- when items expire out of Miro, expire them off synced devices
- Update the Global Preferences panel General tab
- Add a context menu to allow setting the Video Kind metadata field
- In-app donation requests
See full changelog here
Miro (formerly Democracy Player) 2.5.1
on 25 July 2009, reviewed by: The danster
Wow can't believe nobody has reviewed this. It is great player for those constantly watching videos on the internet and you don't have to leave one window.
You've probably watched hundreds of tiny videos on websites - it's tedious. Democracy Player makes video on the internet less frustrating and more enjoyable.