carries on from where DVD Decrypter
left off! (Well, for the burning part anyway!) It is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit!
It supports Unicode folder/file names, so you shouldn't run in to any problems if you're using an international character set.
ImgBurn works in several Modes, each one for performing a different task
: Read a disc to an image file.
: Create an image file from files on your computer or network - or you can write the files directly to a disc.
: Write an image file to a disc.
: Check a disc is 100% readable. Optionally, you can also have ImgBurn compare it against a given image file to ensure the actual data is correct.
: Put your drive / media to the test! Used in combination with DVDInfoPro, you can check the quality of the burns your drive is producing.
ImgBurn is a very flexible application with several advanced features that are often lacking in other tools, especially when it comes to burning DVD Video discs. It supports all the latest drives without the need for updates (including booktype / bitsetting / advanced settings on many of the major ones - i.e. BenQ, LiteOn, LG, NEC, Plextor, Samsung, Sony).
installer is bundled with "Ask Toolbar". However, you may continue the installation process without installing it.
Changes in ImgBurn 2.5.8
- Added: Holding the ALT key when clicking on DLE window's Disc pane column header will now remove the sort order (so they're then essentially sorted by addition order).
- Added: Ability to incrementally search the Explorer pane in the 'Disc Layout Editor' window.
- Added: The effective USB connection speed (1.1, 2.0, 3.0) for USB devices to the initial device scan log entries.
- Added: Log entry when burning showing the effective layer break position.
- Added: Log entry when burning that shows the number of discs a Lite-On drive thinks it has burnt.
- Added: Pioneer drives now list their 'Kernel Version' next to the firmware version.
- Added: The Windows 7+ taskbar button/progress display now turns red if an I/O error box pops up during a read/write (etc.) operation.
- Added: The ability to set the 'Platform ID' when building a bootable disc - thus enabling the creation of UEFI bootable discs.
- Added: Internal version of the 'BurnerMax Payload' code (well, what I could figure out) to allow for overburning DVD+R DL on many MediaTek chipset based drives. In practice, this only seems to work on Lite-On (and clone) drives that have 'Force HyperTuning' enabled.
- Added: MSF info to the 'Sector Viewer' tool.
- See full list of changes here
on 10 December 2010, reviewed by: esoxclub
Man this pice of software is rocking. i use 126.96.36.199 for some time now i update to 188.8.131.52. This late version is better, have more option and is total free. Thanks for creator of this software
on 21 March 2010, reviewed by: I Daniel
compared to the man who watched Rome burn. Rome got burnt.
Why bother with any other burning tool ?
on 19 March 2010, reviewed by: JimB
Still excellent, just full of adware.
ImgBurn supports a wide range of image file formats - including BIN, CUE, DI, DVD, GI, IMG, ISO, MDS, NRG and PDI.