The ALC650 is an 18-bit, full duplex AC'97 2.2 compatible stereo audio CODEC designed for PC multimedia systems, including host/soft audio and AMR/CNR based designs.
The ALC650 CODEC provides two pairs of stereo outputs with independent volume controls, a mono output, and multiple stereo and mono inputs, along with flexible mixing, gain and mute functions to provide a complete integrated audio solution for PCs. The digital interface circuitry of the ALC650 CODEC operates from a 5V/3.3V power supply with EAPD (External Amplifier Power Down) control for use in notebook and PC applications.
The ALC650 integrates a 50mW/20ohm headset audio amplifier into the CODEC, which can save BOM costs.
The ALC650 also supports an AC'97 2.2 compliant SPDIF out function which allows easy connection from the PC to consumer electronic products, such as AC3 decoder/speaker and mini disk.
The ALC650 CODEC supports host/soft audio from Intel 810/815/820/845 chipsets as well as audio controller based VIA/SIS/ALI chipsets. Bundled Windows series drivers (Win95/98/ME/2000/XP/NT) and sound effect utilities (supporting Karaoke, emulation of 26 sound environments, and 5-band equalizer) provide a more comprehensive entertainment package for PC users. Finally, internal PLL circuits generate required timing signals, eliminating the need for external clocking devices.
Features of Realtek AC97 ALC650 Audio Codecs
- High-performance CODEC with high S/N ratio (>90 dB)
- 18-bit ADC and 20-bit DAC resolution
- Compliant with AC'97 2.2 specifications
- 18-bit stereo full-duplex CODEC with independent and variable sampling rate
- 4 analog line-level stereo inputs with 5-bit volume control: LINE_IN, CD, VIDEO, AUX
- 2 analog line-level mono inputs: PC_BEEP, PHONE_IN
- Mono output with 5-bit volume control
- Stereo output with 5-bit volume control
- 6 channel slot selectable DAC output for multi-channel applications
- 2 MIC inputs, which are software selectable
- Power management capabilities
- 3D Stereo enhancement
- Embedded 50mW/20ohm OP at front LINE output
- External amplifier power down capability
- Digital S/PDIF output
- Digital S/PDIF input (ALC650 Rev. E or later)
- No external crystal/clock required
- Supports 1 general purpose I/O pin
- Power supply: digital: 3.3V; analog: 5V/3.3V
- Standard 48-pin LQFP package
- Multimedia PCs
- 3D PC games
- Information appliances (IA)
- Voice recognition
- Audio conferencing
Changes in Realtek AC97 ALC650 Audio Codecs 4.05
- Update Realtek 3D engine.
- For special customize settings.
- Fix blue screen issue.
- For ATI chipset missing sound 1s when playing music.
- For Windows 98 SE, at least DirectX
8 is required to enable advanced features.
Realtek AC97 ALC650 Audio Codecs 4.06
on 03 October 2010, reviewed by: Robert
I've been using Realtek for years, and up until now I'm completely satisfied with the quality of sound AC97 Realtek gives. With this Audio Codec, the quality and performance was enhanced even better. A must have for those who enjoy music on their PC like me.
Realtek AC97 ALC650 Audio Codecs 4.06
on 30 August 2010, reviewed by: Pissed in Sweden
I do not profess to be the best in English but the term Free Download would T think indicate no cost for the download. I have "Advance AC97 Audio" that requires updating to get the best effect from Skype. The best price for getting updated is to throw away the sound card I bought and avoid like a disease anything with the name Realtek on it. They have screwed me once but they will never get another shot at myself or any others in our national retired persons group. How quickly information can spread.
Realtek AC97 ALC650 Audio Codecs 4.03
on 01 January 2008, reviewed by: Ilingka
I looked and saw that you were a free download for Realtek. After it downloaded it came up with a registry form saying that it was not a free download. I clicked on the free download etc and this is the result. Please advise if you really do have a free download as mine just simply disappeared one day and I'm trying to get it back.
The ALC650 incorporates proprietary converter technology to achieve a high SNR, greater than 90 dB. The ALC650 AC'97 CODEC supports multiple CODEC extensions with independent variable sampling rates and built-in 3D effects.