You can then select which files to rename (if any).
The GodFather also provides file and folder management and can create entire folder structures based on ID3 tag information.
Additional features include create/merge play lists, encode-decode with LAME, export to file, play, freedb.org support and more. Well designed interface.
Features of The GodFather 0.8
Batch rename of files using Tag/Filename/Folder name/Audio file information
- User defined Formats using Tag fields, File/Folder name or Tokens, Mpeg bitrate/mode as variables .
- Powerful case conversion including custom case and all the options you would ever want.
- Replacement matrix. ( remove unwanted characters or words or replace them. User defined matrix )
- Smart filters enable you to have only the files that are potentially wrong listed for renaming.
- Further refine your list to be processed by marking files to be skipped or ever edit the end result your self.
- Undo function.
Batch Tag update
- Supports both ID3v1 & ID3v2 up to date versions.
- Supports Ogg Vorbis comments.
- Supports APEv2 tags.
- Select specific fields to be updated
- Use File/Folder tokens, Tag variables to create tag information
- Filter files by the existence of tags or even by the existence of specific fields
- Update either Tag or all of them.
- Option to clear specific fields.
- Option to skip non empty fields.
- Use the case options.
- Use of the replacement matrix.
- Update tags by copying/moving or auto synchronizing one to the other.
- Delete all Tags or either one of them.
- Batch process of pictures/lyrics ( export, delete or both )
- Complete control trough the update process.
Manual / single file editor
- All of the above options are laid out to selectively choose, either one of them or all of them, for renaming or Tag update or both.
- Update or remove either of the tags
- Full ID3 v2 support including.. pictures,lyrics and more than 20 fields.
- Full Ogg Vorbis support including all proposed fields plus any number of user defined ones..
- Full APEv2 support including all proposed fields plus any number of user defined ones..
- File browser with detailed info of Tags & mpeg or Ogg vorbis/mpc/ape information , sorting and so on.
- Intuitive interface so potentially wrong fields/filenames are immediately found and presented.
- Easily create/merge play lists with preview support or simply find and listen to your favorite music.
- Encode/decode your files with LAME,Ogg Vorbis or mpcenc. (trans code with out losing tag information from one format to the other)
- Restructure the files on your hard disk ( copy,move or even create shortcuts ) in new user defined location based on Tag field information.
- Find duplicate files using smart and aggressive detection.
- xport files in delimited, fixed length format, Simple HTML or multiple pages using user defined templates.
- Import information from delimited files to rename and.or update your files, customized mapping to columns.
Play your music
- Internal player with 16 band equalizer.
- Display tag info/lyrics/pictures while playing, option to display pictures from folders.
- Automatically search @allmusic.com.
- Easy to load single files/play lists.
- Play list queue.
Album/filename rename & update using freedb.org or www.allmusic.com, Amazon, and custom sites
- Full text search support (freeDb), Disk ID generated from the files in the folder or usage of the original CD-ROM supported.
- Album/Artist filter (freeDb,text search).
- Single track query using.
- Use album art and/or full comments, credits, tones, styles, composer (AMG)
- "Various artists" album support.
- Auto sort according to duration.
- Auto match according to Tag/Filename.
- Edit the results and preview changes.
- Rename and or update files at batch or one by one.
- Amazon image grabber
- Custom web sites parsing
Catalog your files in a powerful library
- Store cover art and up to 4 pictures per album.
- Store detailed info for each artist like bio, and misc other info, pictures etch.
- Use allmusic to retrieve the above data effortlessly.
- Powerful user defined tree views.
- Persistent user queries with random record retrieval, prompted values etch.
- Hierarchical play lists.
- Export to xls, HTML, play list files.
- Very fast with 1000's of files.
- Custom file filtering using Tag fields/bitrate. ( multiple user defined filters are supported with and/or functionality, Wildcard support <*?>, sounds like ~ support.)
- Search in local or network locations.
- File mask support including wildcards (*?).
- Sub folder support.
- Custom colors to easily spot files according to Tag existence or Bitrate.
- Smart ID3 Tag detection in case of both being present.
- User defined ID3v2 padding size.
- Supports ID3v2 compressed frames.
- Language files support
- Extend program functionality with scripts.
Changes in The GodFather 0.86
- Disc Field formatting options added.
- New Replacement matrix options: ignore values inside '()' and also regex usage and case insensitive replacements.
- Amazon engine update.
- Field mapping for Vorbis and Ape tags.
- Quick search panel for the main grid.
- Ability to use current file/selection to (rename, update, remove tags) with either popup menu or shortcut keys.
- Quick save added for current column preset.
- Sorting fields added for ( Album, Artist, Title, Album Artist, Composer ).
- Get servers button in online freedb options now adds freedb, gnudb and tracktype servers.
- Support for Musicbrainz service added.
- Extended fields normalized across formats.
- New option per matrix: execute after case conversion.
- Small UI changes.
- New proper case options: Comment field separators, Capitalize quoted words, Capitalize after separator.
- Mix-up with AlbumArtist & DiscNumber columns during rename corrected.
- Date usage in Library queries fixed.
- Multiple separators selection is now saved properly.
- Compilation field compatibility issue with mp4 files fixed.
- %#% variable increment fixed when used in rename masks.
- Auto sort credits option works again.
- Transcoding mp3 files now properly saves ID3v2 tags.
(Updating to IE10 or greater might be required for some online scripts to work correctly.)
The GodFather 0.80 final
on 22 November 2010, reviewed by: Hunted
Thanks for the GodFather 0.80. I wonder if any of you know about a tutorial for this promising soft? Also, if it's possible to print the list of my music? Thans a lot!!!
The program will scan your MP3 folders and automatically suggest candidates for new names, showing you the old and suggested name in the result window.