- English, Dutch, Danish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Slovak, Spanish, Hungarian Croatian, Swedish, Greek, Catalan, Czech, Norwegian, Japanese, French, Finnish, Polish, Russian, Turkish, Chinese, Serbian and Slovenian translations are included in the setup.
Changes in EMDB 2.1
- HTML Export: Add trailers to the HTML export (tag is #TRAILER_LINK#).
- User Interface: Make showing of bluray cases more configurable.
- Printing: Fixed printing of custom numbers.
- User Interface: Fixed an issue where sometimes the group was cleared when the Edit screen was opened.
- User Interface: Fixed custom language #4 selects Serbian language.
- IMDb import: Changed the way the Title and Alternative title are retrieved. Prevent alternative title to be the same as the main title. I'm working on more configurable options to specify the main and alternative titles.
- User Interface: Options to group movies when sorting by title and/or number were not used correctly.
- TVSeries: When assigning media files seasons 10 or higher could be mistaken for season 1 and above.
- User Interface: When rotating the image in the Edit screen the image was lost sometimes.
- Translations: Updated the Romanian and Dutch translations.
on 13 October 2007, reviewed by: phrozEnLITE
EMDB (Eric's Movie Database) v.49
EMDB is a good freeware program for cataloging your movies (DVD'S,VHS etc). The interface is clean and well layed out and the controls are simple to use.
It can import movie information and cover thumbnails from IMDB (Internet Movie Database) and includes options for some user added info. While the program was developed for XP, it seems to be fairly compatable with Windows Vista.
If your looking for a simple method to keep track of your movie's this works just fine.It will be interesting to see how this program will develop over time.
Easy to use, Able to print the database list, exports the list as text or a comma seperated file, Able to generate a html page of your database, Fair sorting and search function,Author listens to bug reports/suggestions and is quick to update.
No instruction sheet, while the controls are simple and can be quickly figured out, some option's might not be as obvious so some users. Also a list of what files are installed and where they should be located would be nice.
Some minor bugs/glitches mostly with importing & exporting and with where files are stored, this maybe do to some compatablity problem with Vista. The author seem's so be clearing those up quickly as they are reported.
on 21 September 2006, reviewed by: apul
Great, an update! :D
on 21 August 2006, reviewed by: apul
Very small, can make it portable, it's very fast with IMDb. I love it. And it's free! :)