The most important adjustments you can make to your photos with FastStone Image Viewer are red-eye removal, resizing, emailing, cropping, retouching and color adjustments.
The first interesting thing you will notice about FastStone Image Viewer is the innovative full screen mode; it uses hidden toolbars which pop up when you take the cursor of your mouse at the four edges of the screen.
Additionally, you can enjoy a high-quality magnifying tool, lossless JPEG transitions, image annotation, drop shadow effects, musical slideshows with more than 150 transitional effects, scanner support, histogram and many other features.
FastStone Image Viewer allows you to access file properties easily, such as EXIF metadata, histogram etc. directly from the main screen of the application, instead of going to the file location and viewing properties after right-clicking on the file.
Other features of FastStone Image Viewer are file tagging, creating favorites, batch conversion, and building and splitting files with multiple pages of images (PDF, TIFF, animated GIF). Additionally, FastStone Image Viewer is being constantly improved, and the latest versions have improved support for batch renaming tools and zooming in animated GIF files.
FastStone Image Viewer is totally recommended to average and beginner users who need a reliable viewing and basic editing tool; one of the aces in FastStone Image Viewer’s sleeve is supporting camera RAW formats.
Changes in FastStone Image Viewer 5.2
- Now you can copy and paste objects in Draw Board
- Added "Zoom at Center/Mouse Position" to the Settings
- Added "Smart-Filling" to the advanced options (Resize tab) of the Batch Convert tool
- Added Fit Width (Shift+W) and Fit Height (Shift+H) to the Zoom menu
- Improved the Copy/Move to Folder tool. Now you can press 1 to 9 to select a pre-defined destination folder
- Many other improvements and bug fixes
The camera RAW formats supported by FastStone Image Viewer are CRW, CR2, NEF, PEF, RAF, MRW, ORF, SRF, ARW, SR2, RW2 and DNG.