library and it has a richer user interface compared to the official Handbrake GUI.
You don’t need to install HandBrake in order to use VidCoder.
The first advantage offered by this application is the intuitive, simple interface which allows you to choose between the drag and drop option and the browse button for adding files.
Further easiness of use is ensured by the batch processing functionality; you can encode multiple video files at the same time.
VidCoder comes with a set of advanced features. It is multi-threaded, it performs H.264 encoding using x264, the best video encoder in the world, it has decomb, detelecine and deinterlace filters, it can pause or resume encoding and it creates small encoded preview clips.
Advanced users have the possibility of setting video parameters as they wish (video codec, framerate, quality etc.)
The only limitations of VidCoder is not being able to break down CSS, AACS or BD+ Blu-ray encryption found on commercial discs, which means you will have to use software which removes encryption.
The latest releases of VidCoder come with significant updates:
VidCoder is a reliable application which offers all the solutions and advanced options you need to rip DVDs and Blu-rays fast and easy.
- Upgraded to .NET 5.0. This was a big, disruptive upgrade that marks the end of the old .NET Framework, and many support libraries needed to be replaced.
- First, the bad news: I did not find a color picker control that works on .NET 5.0 WPF, so the Pad color picker is gone. It is replaced by a text-box where you can type in a 6-digit hex code. You should be able to pick the color through a different tool, though.
- Now the good news: .NET 5.0 comes with a "self-contained" application mode that does not require the .NET Runtime to be installed. So now the portable executable is truly portable and needs no framework or runtime install to work.
- The installer experience is also better, as the .NET 5.0 Runtime install is much faster than the old .NET Framework install.
- Enabled standard notifications on Windows 10 for when the encode queue completes. This was previously only on the Microsoft Store version, but now works for the installer version.
This tool is able to perform more than just conversion; it also allows you to edit your movies. All actions are performed quickly and error-free.