As you explore this software tool, you will find even more options that allow you to manage your movies efficiently.
EMDB works no matter what kind of movies you have on your computer (Bluray, DVD, HD DVD, VCD, SVCD etc.).
The intuitive interface allows a variety of operations: importing data from IMDB, searching, loan tracker, manually inserting information about the movie and so on.
Add your own comments and information to the movies, such as title, version, year, country, color, plot outline, cast, genre, your own rating and many others.
Technical information can be added as well, such as aspect, codec, source, resolution etc.
The information you have added can be removed with just one click.
The information gathered in EMDB can be exported as plain text, HTML or Excel. Moreover, you can use search filters to find certain films you are interested in using a variety of criteria.
This application will seem even more meticulous when you find out it can display statistics about the movies in the database and your activity.
EMDB is being constantly improved with each new release, and the latest updates refer to the user interface, to adding some new languages and to some HTML export and IMDB import issues.
EMDB is an excellent choice if you are passionate about movies and like to keep track of what you’ve seen and of your wishlist and to have at hand extensive information about movies all the time.
The application has received the appreciation of many users due to its impeccable functioning and diverse features which help you catalogue your films like no other tool.
Changes to EMDB 3.72
- DataBase: Number of discs was reset to 1 on several batch operations like Renumber the database.
- Rotten Tomatoes: Fixed importing of Rating and 'Certified Fresh' in (Batch) Update.
- User Interface: Added a Rotten Tomatoes Link button to the Add / Edit Dialog and Movies Details panel.
- User Interface: Playing a movie did not update the Seen flag.
- Translations: Added some untranslated texts.
- Translations: Updated the German, Simplified Chinese and Dutch translations.
Its main assets are the automatic import function from IMDB, the search function and the seen/unseen marking option.