Media Player Classic
project, but has been extensively modified and updated with additional features.
MPC-HC is capable of playing a wide range of audio and video file formats, and also includes support for streaming media from the internet.
Media Player Classic - Home Cinema (MPC-HC) was initially developed by Casimir666, and has since been maintained and updated by a team of developers.
The project has evolved over time, and newer versions of MPC-HC include a range of modern features and enhancements, such as support for high-definition video, playback of Blu-ray discs, and integration with online media sources.
One of the strengths of MPC-HC is its wide range of supported file formats.
It is capable of playing a variety of audio, video, and image files, including popular formats such as WMA, MP3, AVI, and MP4, as well as less common formats like MOV, FLV, and QT.
This makes it a very versatile media player, as it can handle a wide range of file types without requiring additional software.
Easiness to use does not necessarily mean limited options. With MPC - HC, you can create and manage playlists; there is also the possibility of playing other playlist formats and to set favorites and access them from the player rather than browsing your computer each time.
MPC-HC is also lightweight and easy to use, with a simple interface that is intuitive and straightforward. These features make it a popular choice for playing media files on Windows.
Changes to MPC-HC 2.0
- Last week it was exactly 2000 days (5.5 years) since I have taken over MPC-HC development, so a good time to finally make the bump to version 188.8.131.52.
Donations are appreciated. In the past years just 2 people have donated, so I am completely out of coffee to stay awake while coding :(
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.77.1-1-g6f78a
- Updated MediaInfo DLL to version 22.12
- When A-B repeat is active, HOME button now seeks to A position instead of beginning.
- Add support for new LayoutResX/Y ASS subtitle header.
- Correctly apply scaling to blur tag in ASS subtitles.